The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old May 5, 2012, 08:54 PM   #1
TX Hunter

Stoger Uplander Quality ?

I just wanted to ask about the Stoger Uplander Shotgun. The model I am interested in is a 12 gauge, 28 inch barrel with double triggers and Screw in Choke Tubes.
I am a Rifleman, and although I own several Rifles, I only have one shotgun, a Mossberg 835 Ulti Mag.

I have however alwayse wanted a Side By Side Double Barrel Shotgun.
The Shotgun I Am looking at cost about $375. Is this gun alright, or is it junk. I noticed that it is made in Brazil, I would prefer American Made, but right now I dont think any American Companies are making a Side By Side Shotguns.
Old May 6, 2012, 05:17 AM   #2
shafter

I own one and I like it pretty well. It seems to fit me just right which many side by sides don't. I haven't shot it all that much but so far no complaints at all. It got 7 grouse for me last season
Old May 6, 2012, 08:38 AM   #3
Virginian

They are not Purdeys, but the base model Uplanders seem to be pretty reliable. They are quite prolific in Cowboy Action Shooting, and heaven knows those guns get the hell shot out of them and do not get handled gently. I had one bought for that purpose, and I shot it a lot getting used to it and it did okay. The upgraded ones with single triggers seem to have issues.
Old May 6, 2012, 08:46 AM   #4
TX Hunter

Thanks Guys

It sounds like one of these will suit me fine. I want the double triggers. I will visit my local gun shop and order one when i get a chance.