The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old March 17, 2006, 11:26 AM   #26
threegun

Blue Train,
Quote:
Then one day, for some reason, it stopped being fun and I haven't shot anything since then!
Since I began shooting competition the regular (lame) shooting at the range is no fun anymore. I must force myself to go at times. The costs, the rules at most ranges (especially the close to home ones), punching holes in paper, just kill the fun. I gotta go though to stay sharp.
Old March 17, 2006, 03:26 PM   #27
BlueTrain

Actually, there were several things that seemed to happen around the same time that dampened my enthusiasm for shooting at the range, which I still visit frequently and where I still buy guns. I even have one on layaway at the moment, a rifle.

For one thing, my shooting buddy moved away. Then large pistol primers became scarce for a while, which was particularly frustrating. And a few highly publicized shootings didn't help either. Probably going by myself was just less fun and, anyway, shooting at a commercial indoor range or, for that matter, outdoor range, can be somewhat restricting.

I certainly haven't lost interest in guns, however.
Buy War Bonds.