The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old August 8, 2004, 07:21 AM   #1
Black wallnut

Forum Help please

I'm glad that the forum is back online. Thanks to those responsible for bringing it back. I need to edit an old topic because it contains images whose location has changed. (URL) If I edit those replies will that revive the topic or is there a way to edit without reviving the topic, or should I just edit anyway?

TIA
Old August 8, 2004, 10:58 AM   #2
Mal H
Staff

Editing a post doesn't bump the thread to the top. Only a new post does that. However, if the post is old, you may not be able to edit it since the time limit has passed. You can either put the info here and I will make the changes or PM a moderator of the forum with the particulars and we will be glad to edit the post for you.
Old August 8, 2004, 07:55 PM   #3
Black wallnut

In this post: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=87346 The images were stored at http://www.elltel.net/mmstripes/****

The new locatio is http://www.blackwallnutjigs.com/*******

replace the "***" with the image file name that part has stayed the same.
Old August 8, 2004, 09:15 PM   #4
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

Looks like we're having a little technical glitch. I tried to edit your post as you described above, but got an error.

Give us a little time (tyme?) and it will get fixed.

Tick-off Obama - Join the NRA Today - Save $10
Old August 8, 2004, 09:18 PM   #5
fyrestarter

Additional glitches...

Speaking of glitches, I cannot seem to "start new threads" in any of the forums. I can "reply" (hence my posting here), but can't start a new thread. After typing out the message, I get these error messages:

Please complete both the subject and message fields. Press the back button, correct the problem and try again.
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 2 characters.

Well, both fields ARE complete, and the message is definitely not short. If anything it's long-winded

Little help?

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine."
--Thomas Jefferson
Old August 9, 2004, 10:13 AM   #6
Mal H
Staff

Black Wallnut - I made the changes to your post, but the pics still don't show up. Double check your link. Are the pics in a subfolder? It's rare to have them right on the opening page.

fyrstarter - Try again. Tyme was working on the problem. See this thread: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=150697
Old August 11, 2004, 12:30 PM   #7
Black wallnut

Okay, now they once again all work! I guess what happened was I had renamed them in the new file prior to uploading to my new site. Unfortunitly these pictures were orrigonallly stored on Sony's Imagestation until I and a whole bunch of other's found out that Sony does not like it when you use their website to host pictures for another site. Thanks for all the help in getting this resolved.