The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old October 4, 2008, 04:50 PM   #1
Oquirrh

Just checking in...

I've got all my C/B revolvers working well. Almost no cap jams and good accuracy out of all of them. I can get fist sized groups out of any
one of them at 25 yards. From a rest.

I was getting fist-sized groups or better out of my Ruger OA and my Uberti '58 Remington at **50 yards**! Which was fun.

Funniest thing is that the only cap jams I had were in the ROA! My colt '51 and '60 didn't even hickup through three cylinders and are on par in accuracy with my Remingtons.

For what it's worth: I'm using Lyman .454 RBs, 25 grains of GOEX powder in the .44s, a .457/34 grains in the ROA and 20 grains in the .36 Navy. I'm putting a grease pill (beeswax/parafin/olive oil) under the ball. I've been greasing the cylinder axles with mink oil boot-waterproofing wax. Fouling is minimal.

Right now, the Colts -- 51 Navy and 1860 Army (both pietta) are my faves.