The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old October 31, 2014, 12:43 AM   #1
ZVP

Darn UPS anyhow!

The wife spent the entire day waiting on delivery of my new .36 Navy and doggone it if the delivery guy didn't knock at all!
My SUV was gone from the driveway and I guess he figgured we were gone.
Brown and yellow tag on the mat, he didn't even stick it on the door!
I sure am gonna listen hard tomorrow and even leave a note on the door for him!\ SHucks!
Old October 31, 2014, 07:57 AM   #2
deerslayer303

They drive me UP THE WALL with that crap. My UPS and FEDEX guys never Knock. No matter if there are cars in the drive or not. They just plop my stuff down on the porch and roll. They are in way to big a hurry. I know their day is not done until all packages are delivered but NO ONE wants their stuff just hanging out on the porch all day.
Old October 31, 2014, 08:39 AM   #3
MJN77

Think that's bad? They have left packages at my mailbox, right next to a public road, at the end of my driveway a hundred yards from my house. Lost more than a few packages that way. After the last time we lost one, I called them (wasn't pretty) and they started leaving our stuff at the local post office (about 2 miles down the road). Now the mail lady calls us to let us know we have a package and she delivers it or I go pick it up.
Old October 31, 2014, 08:42 AM   #4
Mosin-Marauder

Atleast your USPS guys aren't stupid. I had ordered some reloading tuff for my K-31 and it was in a pretty big package (bigger than my mailbox) so the Mailman/woman FORCES about $75 worth of reloading supplies into the mailbox and bends the box so she doesn't have to drive to the house and put it on the doorstep when I (finally) got it out, the flag on the mailbox had broken off and the box had conformed to the shape of the mailbox.
William Tecumseh Sherman
Old October 31, 2014, 09:40 AM   #5
4V50 Gary
Staff

My UPS guy leaves it at the gate or delivers it to a neighbor's place. Either works for me. In a small community, everybody knows everybody else.

ETA: Compliments to my local Post Office lady. I checked the tracking for a NRA training manual and it said that the package was at the office. I went to the Post Office at 11:30 and it wasn't in the box. I asked at the counter and she was still sorting the mail. She took the effort to pull mine out from the pile. Small towns do have their advantages.
Old October 31, 2014, 09:54 AM   #6
madmo44mag

My UPS and Fed-X guys almost always ring the bell because they are gun guys and want to see what I just got.
Any package over 10lbs they know it is bulk bullets.
My last ammo purchase was 4 creates of 7.62x54r.
My UPS guy was not happy that day. He left his two wheeler at a earlier stop.
I loaned him mine
Old October 31, 2014, 11:45 AM   #7
bedbugbilly

Mosin . . . just remember though . . . you only had the pleasure of buying and paying for that mailbox . . . technically, it's U.S. Postal Service property!

I'm lucky - our mail lady is really good about bring bodes up to the house if they won't fit in the box and so are the UPS and FedEx guys. The mail lady appreciates it because when I have "heavy" boxes of lead or brass casings delivered, I tell her to leave them at the Post Office and I'll pick them up so she won't have to lift them.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63
Old November 1, 2014, 10:10 AM   #8
4V50 Gary
Staff

Yesterday UPS delivered only one of two packages that were shipped the same day from the same vendor. I called UPS and learned the second package was due to arrive on Monday.
Old November 4, 2014, 11:19 AM   #9
sawdustdad

Where I live, USPS, UPS and Fed Ex all leave stuff in my truck or at the gate. I'm down a gravel driveway in the woods, off a gravel lane. I get stuff with my name on it, even if the address is wrong/transposed. Again, advantage of a small town... But due to rural address, UPS seems to always deliver a day after they promise.
Old November 4, 2014, 03:33 PM   #10
ZVP

I know what you all are saying!
Once, they threw a package over the side yard gate.
If I didn't need to feed the dogs, I'd have never known what happened to that package (Fed -Ex).
Mostly Fed-Ex makes the dumb deliveries, Leaving rifles propped against the front porch or just laying on the walk near the front door!
For my UPS packages, I request Adult Signature and they usually comply. Fed-Ex ignores all instructions.
I understand the pressing scheadules and huge volumes of packages that they deliver but the company doesn't seem to give them time to follow directions or protect deliveries!
Doesn't seem to be a cure.
Just try to have someone home when the packages are due if you can...