The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old June 3, 2009, 04:36 PM   #1
Purity

Got my C&R Application

Well I got my C&R application today, I ordered it April 13th.
FYI I ordered the application online through the BATF website. I been wondering about where it was, but wrote it off as they were behind with all the post-election hysteria.

I'm filling it out now and will mail it in the morning, and we will see how long it takes to arrive.
Old June 3, 2009, 05:40 PM   #2
ov3rkill

i actually got mines 3 days ago and jesus i had to wait a long time to get it. i have two questions on what you put.

1- on #9 where it asks a series of questions like name,address,country of citizenship and dob and etc. what did you put for position and social? i was wondering wether to put for position either owner or collector?

2- and all the way in #15 where you actually sign and date it there is a space in between that says "title" what did you put there?

also one more question in number on number 11A, if i asnwered yes sicne i recently got my concealed wepaons permit what do i put in a seperate sheet of paper like it states to attach? just an explanation or a copy of the license?

Below i have added pics so it easier to understand.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C&R page 1.jpg (133.5 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg C&R page 3.jpg (162.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg C&R page 2.jpg (119.9 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by ov3rkill; June 3, 2009 at 05:50 PM. Reason: added pics
Old June 4, 2009, 07:43 AM   #3
CowTowner

I used the term "Owner" for position and of course my SSAN.

Your CCW is not a federal license.
I had to add a separate sheet of paper as I work part-time for a range that has an FFL.
“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life......” President John F. Kennedy
Old June 4, 2009, 05:33 PM   #4
ov3rkill

what about as far as the "title" spot in #15 between the date and signature? what do i put there?
Old June 4, 2009, 09:54 PM   #5
Purity

On # 9 I put my SSN and for position I put "collector"

#15 just put "Mister" I thought it means title like "Mr. Ms. Dr." etc. But now I'm second guessing try calling the number on the back if you wanna be sure.

As for 11a I read it as had I ever held a Federal Firearms License (FFL) since we don't have any form of carry permits in IL I didn't even think of that. I would think since your CWP is state issued I don't think its what their referring to.

Again I suggest calling them, maybe I should have..oh well if they return it with sticky notes I'll fix it and try again.