The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old April 1, 2012, 11:58 AM   #1
jwrowland77

Cabela's Customer Service

I recently ordered all my reloading stuff to get started from Cabela's. Mainly because they had everything I needed in one spot, which means I only had to pay one set of shipping and Haz Mat fees. I was not aware of their reward program prior to ordering. Well, I finally found it and signed up for it. I figured I would email them and see if I could receive at least some of the points I would have received had I had the reward points account prior to ordering.

Well much to my suprise, I received an email from their customer service, stating he had passed it along to the reward points department and literally with in 10 minutes I had all the points on my reward points account I would have received had I gotten the account prior to ordering. I will definitely be ordering again from Cabela's and they have received a customer for life.
Old April 1, 2012, 01:47 PM   #2
paperpounder

Haven't ordered a thing from Cabela's in years after ordering something, and 10 minutes later realized that I had made a mistake.

Upon calling them they would not stop the order "since it already went to their shipping department". So after receiving 2 GPS units, I then had to go to UPS to send one back.

Dumb mistake on my part? You bet.

Could they of put a little more effort into taking care of a long time and big spending customer? They sure could of at least tried. I wouldn't order a bag of splitshots from Cabelas now.
Old April 2, 2012, 05:11 PM   #3
huntinaz

Customer service from Cabelas has always been top notch for me and my family. That's why they keep our business.
Old April 20, 2012, 10:50 PM   #4
paperpounder

Update: So someone from Cabelas monitors this forum and members opinion of the company. After I gave my opinion above, someone from Cabelas wanted to contact me through this site "to make it right". TFL did not give out my personnel info, but gave me a contact at Cabelas to help in settling my issues with the company.

I send a complete and honest assessment of my past issues and why I am no longer a customer of Cabelas. Do you think they could even reply? Of course not, and this just adds to the shoddy customer service that has befallen the company.

Did they really want to "make it right", or maybe it was an attempt at quieting someone who is on to the slow customer service decline, and is aware of a company selling store branded shoddy junk.

Cabelas, you have a lot competition in the marketplace now, and you have lost the 1000's I would have spent in the future.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old April 21, 2012, 01:16 AM   #5
johnwilliamson062

Quote:
Upon calling them they would not stop the order "since it already went to their shipping department".
What probably happened here:
Cabelas is/was using a computer system with decades old back end(or several other IT problems). As foolish as it seems they may literally have not been able to reverse the order. I have worked with insurance companies with similarly dated computer systems. If you go in and try to change things manually before they process(usually in the middle of the night) you can cause major problems.

Did they pay shipping?

Never had a problem with Cabela's customer service being unreasonable and I have ordered from them a lot. I have one of their re-branded scopes where I lost the little cap over the windage adjustment. The process for any sort of service on them was to mail the scope to Cabela's then Cabela's shipped it to the manufacturer who would fix it and send it back to Cabela's who would send it to me. A TON of shipping for a non-fitted piece that probably cost less than a dollar. I am sure it was in the contract with the supplier and it made sense to protect the original brand name. Aggravating, but entirely reasonable.

Their prices on the other hand...
Old April 21, 2012, 01:26 AM   #6
LockedBreech

I had a rude gun counter clerk at the Sidney, NE Cabelas once who couldn't be bothered to help me find some .40 ammo. Sent a complaint email. Got a very sweet, sincere reply very quickly from the manager, offering to buy me lunch and show me any gun I wanted for as long as I wanted.

Was too far away to take her up on it, but I felt cared for as a customer.

My dad has also racked up a TON of rewards cash with them. Pays everything with their card.
Old April 21, 2012, 09:11 AM   #7
22Rimfire

I dont know anything about Cabela`s customer service, but I DO know I got good service with them. I recently was looking all over the net for a fast draw western holster. I was getting tired of seeing all $200.00 and up holsters. Came across Cabela`s who had one for $29.00. Bought it, received it, love it. Yes I will do business with them again.