The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old August 26, 2002, 01:27 AM   #1
mhannah1

BarSto Comment

I sent them an e-mail on the 18th of August, asking some questions about replacement barrels for my Glock.
Well, its the 25th and I never heard back from them.
I am not impressed!
Old August 26, 2002, 08:50 PM   #2
cratz2

I too sent them an email on Aug 13 concerning fitting a 9x23 barrel to my Springfield 9mm and I have not heard back from them.

By all counts, their barrels are excellent and their custom shop is top notch but if they never answer emails, why do they have and publish an email address?
Old August 29, 2002, 09:01 PM   #3
Bob C

About three years ago I inquired to BarSto about a .357 SIG barrel for a Glock 22, and got a prompt reply.

I ordered the barrel, which was to be shipped in six weeks. I actually got it in three weeks.

It worked great, dropped in with no fitting, noticeably improved accuracy, and I never had a failure to feed except for some really bad reloads.
Old September 3, 2002, 09:36 PM   #4
John Forsyth

Bar-Sto while making excellent barrels, is not up to the 21st century with email yet. They are old fashioned, call them on the telephone. You get to talk to real people, who make real barrels, real well.

Make the call, you will not be disappoited in their service or quality. It just might take awhile if you want something out of the ordinary.
Old September 3, 2002, 09:55 PM   #5

I agree with both sides of this one. I have E-Mailed Bar-Sto and it took a hell of a long time for them to answer, but they did answer. I have also called them on the phone and got prompt service (I sent a gun to them today). Their products are top-notch and in this case I think the inconvienience is worth it. But you do have to wonder why they publish an E-Mail address when they don't intend to monitor their E-Mail ? I think this does more harm than good for you customer relations. If they didn't have a public E-Mail address at all, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
From behind each fence and farmyard wall,
Chasing the redcoats down the lane,
Then crossing the fields to emerge again
Under the trees at the turn of the road,
And only pausing to fire and load.
Old September 10, 2002, 09:07 AM   #6
schild

Several years ago I called BarSto and Irv answered the phone. It was a real thrill to have talked to THE barrel man for 10-15 minutes.
Old September 10, 2002, 10:29 AM   #7

I have a 1911 at Bar-Sto right now having a barrel fitted. I sent it through my dealer who also spoke to Irv on the phone. I told the dealer to send them my top end just like it says on their web page. Irv thought it would be better to send the whole gun. I certainly won't argue with Irv.