The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old June 7, 2005, 12:45 PM   #1
flesheatingvirus

Mossberg 590A1 Modified Safety for Pistol Grip

I will soon be putting an AR15 style stock onto my 590A1 courtesy of Mesa Tactical:

Mesa Tactical Mossberg 500 Stock

However, I realized that reaching the safety from this grip will be a bit more difficult. Another company, Cavalry Arms, has a similar setup for this shotgun, but it includes a modified safety that can be reached from the pistol grip position on either side. This is what I am looking for. Cavalry has not replied to me about buying the new button separately. Does anyone know of any place where I can get such a new button? It does not need to fit under the Pic. rail, because I will be buying the new low-tube stock(have pic) that comes out this month. Hence, the area around the safety will remain the same as it is with a plain rifle stock. I just want to be able to quickly hit the safety with my thumb while retaining my grip. Thanks!
Old June 7, 2005, 08:21 PM   #2
cas

Does the 590 use the same size receiver as the 500? You might be able to pick up a Maverick 88 trigger group (I got one on Ebay). It's the same as the 500, only the safety is in front of the trigger.

Savage24.com
Cylindersmith.com