The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 29, 2013, 08:34 AM   #1
9miller

condor vests

I am looking at purchasing either a condor hyration or modular vest, I am curious if anyone has either and how they feel about them. I currently have a utg and its not working out. If anyone has any opinions on them please let me know. Im looking at comfortability, adjustability, practicalities, and mobility.
Old August 1, 2013, 03:17 PM   #2
9miller

Does nobody use these vests or something???? Haha, well what vests are recommended then? This will be used forr tactical training and if need be a possible life saver. So I would like for it to be durable.
Old August 4, 2013, 11:41 AM   #3
viciouskitty

I have a condor mopc, I have it loaded up with level 3 soft armor inserts and a triple kangaroo pouch. The carrier is in my opinion just ok, the mopc is comfortable to wear even in the south texas summers. But the molle webbing is not always exactly to spec sizes. I have been able to work with it but you get what you pay for. Its not a bad vest if you want to save some money. I am going to eventually upgrade to a TAG plate carrier.
Old August 14, 2013, 12:38 AM   #4
bamaranger

I think

Seems like my outfit bought about 2 dozen of some Condor harness product for patrol use as a jump/officer rescue rig. We put on a shingle for mags, some pouches for FA and smoke, and a utility pouch for GP.

There was an issue with how the rig held plates, which is as yet unresolved. No matter, as the money for plates went elsewhere for the time being.

As a buddy says "they seem a good, cheap item." We do not work them hard, most hang in the patrol rigs in case the balloon goes up. For our purposes they are working fine. If I were on a team, using daily, I would have something better.
Old August 14, 2013, 03:10 PM   #5
k9barco

There is a lot of discussion on vests and plate carriers over at m4carbine.net in the equipment forum and a lot of plate carriers for sale in the equipment exchange area. Hope that helps in case you cant find your answers here.
Old August 14, 2013, 06:44 PM   #6
9miller

Thanks for the input guys and I will check out the site, it doesn't seem like many people here are into vests and rigs, thanks for the heads up.