The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 19, 2010, 03:54 PM   #1
JakeSnakeSlim

Crossbreed/Kholster lets here it

Both look like a good set up for a snub nose @ 4:00 carry. Need opinions good and bad from people that have tried them, before spending the hard earned cash for one.

Thanks
Old May 19, 2010, 04:38 PM   #2
johnwilliamson062

Have a crossbreed. Best money I have spent on firearms accessories.
Old May 19, 2010, 04:40 PM   #3
ScottRiqui

I have a CrossBreed Supertuck for my 3" 1911. Like their ads claim, it's the ugliest holster you'll ever love.
Old May 19, 2010, 06:22 PM   #4
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

I have a Crossbreed Supertuck for my G33, I also have one of their belts. I read all the stories of people having boxes of holsters under their bed before they found "the right one". I didn't want, nor could I afford, to make that mistake. I read everything I could, and nary a bad thing about Crossbreed, so I bought.

I've not been disappointed.

At the time I bought, the belt clips were plastic. A few months later one of them broke. I called and they said that they'd send me out two of the new metal ones. No questions asked, just my name so they could find my address. The new clips were here in like 3 days.
Old May 19, 2010, 06:30 PM   #5
ScottRiqui

They replaced the clips on mine, too. I originally had the earlier metal clips where the cross was actually cut out of the clips, and one of the clips bent on the edge of a chair when I sat down, creasing right through the middle of the cutout.

The new ones they sent are still metal, but the cross is embossed in the clip, rather than being a cutout.
Old May 19, 2010, 06:51 PM   #6
JakeSnakeSlim

Custom Cut

Did you guys have them do the combat cut or leave it as is (oval or round), or do the cut yourself?

Did you get one of their belts, if so how was that.

Thanks
Old May 19, 2010, 06:54 PM   #7
ScottRiqui

Mine has the full backing, but if I order another, I'd probably have them do the combat cut. It's not hard to get my thumb between the pistol grip and the backing, but having the backing cut away would alleviate the issue entirely.
Old May 20, 2010, 09:47 AM   #8
DrBundy

I love absolutely everything about the Supertuck, EXCEPT for the damn crosses either embossed or cut out of the clips. An email request to Marty @ Crossbreed confirmed that they do not have any plain clips, and have no plans to offer them. My other options are the velcro clips that will limit me to using only belts that have a velcro backing or the J-clips which I do not like because they cause my pants to sag.

I borrowed a friend's Supertuck and wore it for 3 days. Fit and finish are fine, and it's honestly the most comfortable rig I've ever used. I just don't want one with crosses on the clips, and as of right now, I can't get one that's crossless.

I have no experience with the Kholster, but it looks like a cheap knock-off of the Supertuck, and most reviews that I've read are positive. Pretty sure Kholster offers plain black belt clips.

~A
Old May 20, 2010, 09:32 PM   #9
qcpunk

I have a Crossbreed Supertuck for my P99 and will get one for a PPS when I get that gun too.

My brother carries his LCR in a Supertuck as well.

Great holsters, comfortable, love em!
"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it." --Abraham Lincoln
Old June 1, 2010, 05:27 PM   #10
I AbsltValue I

I have a Crossbreed IWB holster for my 1911 and it carries very well. I haven't tried any other holsters for my 1911 but going from never carrying before to carrying a relatively heavy full-sized handgun wasn't nearly as big of an discomfort as I had expected it to be. I attribute that to the Crossbreed and how well made it is.

I also opted for the combat cut and don't regret it.
Old June 3, 2010, 02:04 AM   #11
FatPants

I picked up a full size kholster for my XD. Its ok. I had to tweak it with a hair dryer to make it actually grab the gun. The kydex is a little ugly, but after tweaking it, it does fit the gun well. I ended up cutting the leather more like the super tuck, and it is very comfortable. When it was all said and done, I only ended up saving like $10 by getting the kholster over the supertuck. I'll probably pick up a ST before too long and do a side by side comparison.

The big upside of the kholster is the ability to adjust the ride height, and cant.
Old June 3, 2010, 02:45 AM   #12
johnwilliamson062

You can adjust ride height and cant of a super tuck.
Old June 3, 2010, 08:58 AM   #13
Daybreaker

I have a crossbreed holster for my G27 and my G30.

It is without a doubt the ugliest holster I have ever bought and....

It is without a doubt the most comfortable holster I have ever bought.