The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old December 30, 2004, 05:48 PM   #1
nomaspescado

Brass bead for Benelli??

So much of the season has already passed and I am now about to throw up the white flag...Does anyone here know where I can get a selection of brass beads that will fit my Benelli Nova?? Or maybe just the correct size?
I've been shut down nearly everywhere I turn. I've heard two different sizes and that no one carries those sizes anyhow.
Thanks for any help.
Old December 30, 2004, 08:04 PM   #2
HSMITH

Brownells will have what you want. You might also try to contact Simmons, I don't remember if it is here or at THR that someone from there posts as 'simmonsguns'.
Old December 30, 2004, 09:07 PM   #3
mete

Looking at the website I see it has the sight my M1 90 came with . It's terrible .The first time I went squirrel hunting I found in the shade it was ok but in the sun that plastic glowed like a neon bulb. I changed it immediately. I found a piece of stainless steel rod slightly larger than the bead , filed it to fit snug .Been on there ever since , works great.
Old December 31, 2004, 03:53 AM   #4
nomaspescado

Thanks for the responses.
Neither the catalog or the web site at Brownells shows that they carry it. They only show the traditional American sizes...argg.
Yes, that big plastic sight the Nova came with was a joke. I now use the Hi-Viz which works good, but looks very brittle. Brass should work just fine.
Thanks again,
Steve
Old December 31, 2004, 04:47 AM   #5
SmokinTom

Another shotgun sight you might want to look at is the Meadow Industries front sight. As a trap shooter I have found nothing to compare this to. This sight is simply the best for under $30. You can find it at Google by typeing in Meadow Industries. And a lot more.
Old December 31, 2004, 05:13 PM   #6
nomaspescado

Thanks for the tip SmokinTom. I'll check it out.
Happy New Years