The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old September 13, 2010, 07:19 PM   #1
roostergod787

Help in puerto rico

Ok heres the deal,

Im 29yrs old and want to be a armed security guard and then a cop in my town, Problem is I have not a CLUE what to do to get a permit or where to do or what I have to do or need, If someone in here lives in PR close to Quebradillas,PR00678 I could REALLY use the help and shown around where I need to go and get things done,Reason Im not going straight to being a cop is I need a GED and I dont have one so I was gonna do armed guard while I do my GED then when I pass the GED then Ill move onto becoming a cop, Please anyone I need help badly, Email me at [email protected] Or look me up on facebook under Erik Iacopelli,

Thank you very much for your time
Erik
Old September 13, 2010, 07:47 PM   #2
Couzin

After you obtain a license to own a firearm, then the license amendment for shooting clubs and or hunting are added, you must obtain the Court of First's authorization to the PR Police Superintendent to authorize a permit to carry (which is added to the license), but you have to apply to the PR Department of Justice and demonstrate a well-founded and documented fear for your safety. It is my understanding, even though PR is a 'shall issue' territory, very few permits to carry are issued.

Also - just a hint - don't put your email or real name in posts.

Good luck!!

Tags
carrying , concealed , handguns , permits