The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old March 9, 2005, 10:41 AM   #1
Foxy

Tacticalshop.com - Avoid them

Placed an order, received a confirmation e-mail (with my entire credit card number written in the body of the e-mail! Way to think about security, guys!). Never received product. I have written them three times to all of their e-mail addresses on their webpage, no response at all. Tried calling the phone number on their webpage, and received a "This number is not in service" message.

In short, stay away from them.
Old March 9, 2005, 11:21 AM   #2
HighVelocity

Call your credit card company and have the charges taken off.
Old March 9, 2005, 11:50 AM   #3
Foxy

To their credit, they never did charge my card.

Unfortunately for me, though, it's a debit / credit card. I called the bank and they said the only way to be sure they don't charge it is to cancel the card and have a new one issued.
Old April 21, 2005, 04:27 AM   #4
RedS14T

I made a purchase 10 days ago with no word from them.

I too wasn't too happy to see my credit card details in clear view.

They have not yet made a charge on my card. I just got off the phone to MasterCard who said i have to wait until a charge is made before i can initiate a dispute.

Are there any charges by credit card companies for cancelling/re-issuing credit cards?
Old April 21, 2005, 10:54 PM   #5
kelsey

Just report your card number as possibly compromised. They will cancel the number and send you a new one. If they want to charge you, tell them to just cancel the card and you will get one elsewhere. Chances are, they will reneg immediately.

Kelsey
www.luvtohunt.com
Old April 22, 2005, 05:26 AM   #6
Double Naught Spy

Right, CC companies incur the expenses of providing a new card and changing over the account to a new # quite readily. The costs are miniscule compared to somebody running up illegal charges that the CC will end up being stuck with instead of you.
Old May 7, 2005, 06:54 PM   #7
DanV1317

I ordered fromn that store awhile back. I got an ISHOT bag from them for like 90$ or so. Got the confirmaton e mail. Never got the product for like 3 weeks. I got 2-3 day shipping and it said the item was in stock. I emailed them because they have no number to call them. Never heard from them again, and they never took my money. Lost my credit card a few days later, so i got a new one with a new number. That wasa bout 4-5 months ago. never heard from them since. They had great prices and some good products too. too bad
Old October 25, 2005, 01:56 PM   #8
AMT8951

I just filed a complaint against these guys with the South East Florida BBB against these guys. Hope it does some good. I wish I'd read this thread before I ordered from them. :barf:
Old November 17, 2005, 09:35 PM   #9
AMT8951

My bank finally reimburssed last week for my attepted purchase from the "TACSHOP". Today a lady from my bank called me. Said that the TACSHOP had contacted her. They apparently wanted to know what MY problem was, and why I was so impaitent. I only E-Mailed them or called them eight times without a reply! STAY AWAY FROM "TACSHOP.COM"
RIA Midsize .45acp
Glock 21
Olympic Arms M4
Win M70 .375 H&H
FN PBR .308
Win M69A .22
Mini-14
Ithica M37 Deerslayer 12ga
Remington 721 30/06