The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Closed Thread

Old January 5, 2011, 06:45 PM   #1
napp

Problem Registering on Gunbroker

I finally decided to register on Gunbroker..."just in case". I jumped through all the hoops, filled in all the blanks, and submitted the registration request. Within a couple of minutes I received a confirmation number and a link for activating my account.

When I went to the activation link, a notice popped up that my account had been flagged as "suspect"; because they couldn't confirm the info I submitted. They gave me a fax number; and wanted me to fax a copy of my drivers license and last month's utility bill.

The info I submitted is the same info that I have submitted on countless other Internet accounts...name, address, phone #, DOB, etc, etc. I have never had any sort of glitch registering on the other accounts. Their red flag went up before I even got to the point of trying to put a credit card on file for their fees.

One thing is for certain. I'm old enough, cranky enough, and stubborn enough that I'm not gonna drive to a fax machine to send the stuff they requested. I've got a safe full of guns that I've managed to acquire over seventy-odd years without their help. I suspect I can get more without them; should the need arise.

Has anyone else had a problem registering there?

Maybe they read my other thread about gun auction sites and are mad at me.
Old January 5, 2011, 06:55 PM   #2
egor20

napp

Same here, registered on Monday, got the same e-mail, not gonna bother with them. I only tried joining because I wanted to see the pre-bid $$$ numbers.

Country don't mean dumb.
Steven King. The Stand
Old January 5, 2011, 08:43 PM   #3
freedom475

Same here... I even sent them all my links to who I am and still "denied"... I ended up just searching out the seller I was interested in and contacted him directly.... Got my barrel on the way.

Screw Gun Broker:barf: and the horse they rode in on. The people from "Auction Arms" are much nicer and I believe that I actually got to comunicate with a real person.

This looks like the start of somthing.... maybe if a few thousand of us refuse to put up with Gun Brokers crap, they will actually hire a real person to do the identity research..(Because I am fairly certain that I was just dealing with an automated computer reply system)

Mister, why do you carry a 45? "Cause Sam Colt don't make a 46."
Old January 5, 2011, 08:48 PM   #4
NRA_guy

I tried to buy something there a few years ago and as I recall they wanted my credit card number on file.

I passed. Too many credit card databases have been hacked.
Old January 5, 2011, 09:34 PM   #5
bedbugbilly

I had to file my credit card number with them in order to e-mail a dealer and ask a question. I have some guns that I consigned through a dealer that is listing them on there once in a while and I also wanted to be able to check on how those auctions were going. I've purchased off of Auction Arms (C& B revolver) and never had a problem. GB on the other hand, I'm hearing more and more complaints about. Like anything, it is "buyer beware". I've seen blatant misrepresentations on GB and the bad ones on there seem to still keep operating and never are banned from selling. I registered several years ago so I didn't have to jump through the hoops like they are trying to make you do. If I had it to do over again, I probably wouldn't have given them my cc# either. As far as I'm concerned, they're getting about as bad as fleabay with their requirements and hoops to jump through. There are a lot of good dealers on both sites, but sometimes, all they do is **** them off and it's going to get to the point someday that there either willl be a competitive site established that will give them a run for their money or the only ones left will be those that are questionable. I apologize for my crappy attitude.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63
Old January 5, 2011, 10:12 PM   #6
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Send an email to the administered staff. Troubles logging on there isn't our problem here...

Closed.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Closed Thread