The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old September 5, 2009, 10:30 AM   #1
beeker77

Hakim Question(s)

I love shooting my Hakim, but it disappoints with random extraction/ejection problems. Either the empty case will fail to fully eject, jamming the feeding of the next cartridge, or the fired case sticks in the chamber (even when freshly cleaned), again jamming the next cartridge trying to feed.

Typically shoot Yugo, Romanian or WW2 German milsurp. At first I thought this might be a case-to-chamber fit problem, but discounted that when it happened with all different cartridges. Now I'm wondering if maybe it could be a gas pressure adjustment problem?

Has anyone else had this same problem? Cured it? Any advice on adjusting the gas valve?
Old September 5, 2009, 02:32 PM   #2
Erfurter1937

Hakim Gas Pressure

You can check out the operations page at www.surplusrifle.com and there is a good article on the Hakim operations, this is very helpful, just click on The Hakim on left of home page to get started. Not all surplus ammo is the same,,
Old September 21, 2009, 12:51 PM   #3
parismountainoldtime

Hakim won't operate

I can't get the slide to move forward and load a round. I have taken it apart to include the safety, spring and it will work just before tightening everything down but then won't move forward anymore. I have another one that I have taken apart then reassembled and no problems. Am I doing something wrong with the safety mechanism?, I did replace my cracked stock with a new one could it be the issue?

Any help would be appreciated
Old September 21, 2009, 08:57 PM   #4
James K
Member In Memoriam

I have looked and looked, but can't figure out how the stock could affect the rifle that way. The only possibility is the stock crossbolt, which could affect something if too tight.

Jim
Old September 22, 2009, 06:24 PM   #5
parismountainoldtime

Hakim jammed

The cross bolt you mentioned...maybe if I remove it I can then see if the action will move??

I will also strip it down again and make some notes
Old September 22, 2009, 09:28 PM   #6
James K
Member In Memoriam

Well, you might loosen it up and see what happens. Since the problem occurs without ammo, you can certainly experiment a bit in safety.

Jim