The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old September 19, 2013, 03:25 PM   #1
Grump

Old(er) Alliant Load Data Chart?

I've lost my .pdf of what I remember as being a late-1990s-early 2000s one-page load chart from Alliant, and can't find it on their website.

Wondering if anyone could either point me to it or e-mail a copy.

As I recall, it had the powders along the top, and calibers and bullet weights down the left side.

Or something like that.

Anyone remember this thing? It did not have all of the "slots" filled in, but the data it had was good even if velocities from the so-called 6" .357 Magnum loads were like 200 fps optimistic.

Thanks!
Old September 19, 2013, 04:09 PM   #2
rg1

Here's one source:
http://www.castpics.net/LoadData/Fre...M/Alliant.html
Old September 19, 2013, 04:42 PM   #3
Marco Califo

Yes, that is a good source. I wrote to Alliant and even though the current published data excludes a lot of old line powder loads, the old data is still valid and they will send you bits in response to requests for specific loads. The bits are consistent with the old pamphlets data.
The current data favors the newer powders.
Old September 19, 2013, 09:36 PM   #4
Storm27m

I have their 2000, 2002, and 2005 pamphlets in digital format. PM me your email if you would like me to send them to you.

Edit: Nevermind, that link above seems to have everything I do plus more. I'm going to be busy downloading!
Old September 20, 2013, 12:55 PM   #5
Grump

Thanks! The versions up to 2005 are what I was remembering. Like that format better.

For those following this and wanting to download, if you prefer the version that I do, the 2003 or whatever .pdf is higher-resolution than the last one with it, 2005. But the 2010 one does have different loads (maybe more??) than the '03/-05 ones, at least in the .38 Special I was looking at. I was looking for Power Pistol data, nothing in the earlier ones, but some full-power loads in the 2010.
Old September 21, 2013, 11:26 PM   #6
Marco Califo

Power Pistol is a newer powder that is more featured on the Alliant current data website than, for example older Red Dot and Green Dot handgun loads you can find in the old pamphlets, but are not on the current site. The old data is still valid. But they now show data for their best adapted current powders. Power Pistol is an example of this. It is a better performance powder than some of the old shotgun powders, which will work, just not quite as well and clean burning.
All Power Pistol data can be found here:
http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloade...spx?powderid=8
But if you are looking for 9mm loads using Red or Green Dot, then you need to go to the old pamphlets (or email Alliant).