The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old July 11, 2002, 12:38 AM   #1
Justin

IDPA and Bullseye competition in Colorado Springs?

Hey all,

I just recently moved to Colorado Springs, and I'm looking to continue shooting while here.
I'm primarily interested in finding a place where I can shoot ISSF style bullseye pistol. NRA style bullseye pistol would be fine, too.

Also, where do I go to find info on IDPA matches in the area?

Thanks for your help!
Old July 11, 2002, 10:29 AM   #2
Steve Smith

I am not aware of any Bullseye matches in the are, but I'll try to help you find some....check with www.bullseyepistol.com maybe you can find some there?

I do know that the Pueblo West club (about 35 miles south of COS) has a bi-weekly IDPA match. Also there is a local Thursday night shoting club, but we are looking for a new venue due to the fires. Please email me.

Steve Smith
NRA Life Member
Old July 16, 2002, 01:40 PM   #3
DAL

Here's a link for ColoSpgs IDPA action. You can get much of the info. you need from the website. BTW, what division do you shoot in IDPA?
DAL

http://idpa.gunsnet.net/

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."
--Patrick Henry, during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution (1788)

"When citizens fear their government, you have tyranny; when the government fears its citizens, you have freedom."
--Thomas Jefferson

GOA, JPFO, PPFC, CSSA, LP, ARI, NRA
Old July 16, 2002, 01:52 PM   #4
Steve Smith

DAL, when I shoot IDPA (rarely) I either shoot CDP (1911) or whatever a Glock makes me. I am not "big" into action pistol anymore. I am a Highpower Rifle competitor. I only shoot a pistol match when I have nothing else to do. Yeah, that sounds kinda snobbish. I don't mean to be that, but I'm sorta consumed by a sport that I personally think is a bit better. Having shot several pistol type competitions, I feel like I'm making an educated choice.

Steve Smith
NRA Life Member
Old July 16, 2002, 03:20 PM   #5
Justin

Steve and DAL-

Thanks for the links.
I've looked at the one for Bullseye pistol before, but only for the training stuff. I'll have to take a closer look to see if they have info about various leagues and such.

DAL-
Thanks for the link to Colorado Springs IDPA. I'll take a look at it, and probably be showing up to an IDPA match in the near future.

Steve-
Don't feel too bad about choosing high-power rifle competition over IDPA. If I had my druthers, I'd compete in both.
However, since I'm already set up for IDPA that's what I go with.
It's all good in my book.
Old July 16, 2002, 04:21 PM   #6
Steve Smith

Caliban, you are more than welcome to ride along to a Highpower match sometime. I even have a rifle you can use if you promise not to stick it in the dirt.

Steve Smith
NRA Life Member
Old July 17, 2002, 03:56 PM   #7
DAL

caliban, one word of caution: Make sure they will be holding a match before you drive to the range. IIRC, Front Range IDPA has postponed the Pueblo matches until September because of the hot weather. I don't agree with this, but it ain't my show. You may want to e-mail FR IDPA to confirm this.
DAL

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."

"When citizens fear their government, you have tyranny; when the government fears its citizens, you have freedom."
--Thomas Jefferson

Old July 17, 2002, 04:55 PM   #8
Steve Smith

DAL, are you serious?

What kinda pansy, good-for-nothing, prima-donna people gravitate to that pistol stuff, anyway?

I have a practice match in an hour and a half, and its 93 degrees. I will be in a sweatshirt and a heavy shooting coat. Sunday I have a Leg match, and I will bet it will be over 103 on the line. I will be in the same gear, and we will be shooting in the heat of the day for about 4 hours.

Pansies.

Steve Smith
NRA Life Member
Old July 18, 2002, 12:31 AM   #9
DAL

Steve Smith, unfortunately, I am quite serious. Heck, don't ask me why, but that's how it is. They did the same thing last year.
DAL

--Thomas Jefferson

Old July 18, 2002, 10:25 AM   #10
eerw

Caliban,

If you are interested in IPSC...we will down there this Sunday....Early for setup..and 9:45 for shooters meeting...pretty good following for limited and limited 10..

www.limitedgun.com