The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old April 24, 2006, 09:15 PM   #51
onebohemian

Although I honestly believe that Harley doesn't mind all the requests for the 66 instructions, I thought I'd offer a little info I learned about the Remington Nylons (after I too got the manual from Harley).

There's a yahoo group called "nylonrifles." If you join it, they have a number of "files" available online, including .pdfs of articles about these guns, tear down instructions, parts suppliers, tips to cleaning and repair, etc. It just doesn't cover the 66 either but all the nylons--e.g., 76, 10, 11, 12, etc. Worth checking out if you're in the hunt for some specific piece of information.

On behalf of all of us nylon 66 owners who have received the instructions from Harley, here's to ya! Thanks. You gave us that hope we needed after we each brazenly (a/k/a stupidly) tore our rifles down before we knew exactly what the heck we were doing. You saved us all when we each thought we'd done the unspeakable -- permanently ended the life of a favorite plinker. Please don't take my post here recommending another source of information the wrong way. I'm confident you'll still be the go-to guy for lots of future nylon owners as the FiringLine is a great site. Maybe this will let you take a little, well-deserved breather for awhile though--at least from the nylon guys.

Mark
Old June 1, 2006, 12:04 PM   #52
secondamendmentguns@

Nylon 66

I got the whole thing back together but the sear dosn't work right and the cartrige cutoff spring is in wrong I think. Can you send a detailed instruction for dis/reassembly
Old June 17, 2006, 05:58 PM   #53
cactusmike4

Please Help!! Remington 66 Assembly Instructions Needed!!

If anyone still has these instructions, please email them to me at

[email protected]. thank you.

PS. Is there anywhere they can be posted on the forum? Considering all the requests, it may not be a bad idea.
Old June 23, 2006, 08:57 AM   #54
cactusmike4

Reminington 66 instructions

Harley,

A big thanks for sending the instructions. Unfortunately, I left them on my email account the night you sent them and my wonderful wife who did not recognize your name deleted the email a day later and sent it to the trash bin.
If there is anyway you please could be so kind as to send those directions one last time, I will print them off the moment they arrive and never (I realize this is a dangerous word to use) ask for them again.

[email protected]

Thanks

cactusmike
Old July 9, 2006, 07:30 PM   #55
Chuck 651

nylon 66 manual

Hello Harly,

Can I get one of your assembly/disassembly manuals fro the Nylon 66 sent to me, too?

Thanks,

Chuck 651
Old July 10, 2006, 01:10 PM   #56
1reb

need these directions as well

Can some one send me the directions on the nylon 66.
i just got the gun and the owner told me he try to take the gun apart and lost a spring.
please send to
[email protected]
thank you
Johnny
Old July 10, 2006, 11:15 PM   #57
heartrock

nylon 66 disassembly

Would you be so kind to forward me the assemble/disassemble instructions for the nylon 66. My dad bought this rifle for me 40 years ago. I burnt a many a shell through it as a youth, but it hasn't been used in quite some time and I would like to clean it up and get it ready to pass along.
Old July 17, 2006, 03:57 AM   #58
Wasper

Just my two cents

The Nylon's trigger group is quite unique. I detail cleaned a Nylon 66 for a friend about 15 years ago. I saved the slave pins that I used to reassemble it with, just in case I had to tackle another one someday. Although I figured out the dis/re-assembly, I sure could have used some instructions back then!
Old August 31, 2006, 10:26 PM   #59
unoactu

HARLEY ! Can I please get the assembly/disassembly instructions for the Nylon 66 ? I have aquired one that I want to clean before I teach firearms safety with my son. Thank You ! Please send to; [email protected]
Old September 1, 2006, 09:40 AM   #60
unoactu

THANK YOU HARLEY !
Old September 2, 2006, 04:41 PM   #61
deruncle

nylon 66 instruction

Can I get a copy of nylon 66 assembly. My barrel is just a little loose from the stock.
Old September 11, 2006, 02:20 PM   #62
peak129

Nylon 66

disassembled my Nylon 66 so I could clean it and now I cannot get it back together. If anybody has any advice or even a schematic/picture or anything that might help I would really appriciate it.

My email is [email protected]
Old September 29, 2006, 01:02 AM   #63
DocZinn

Hey, guess I'm a newb here, but I've been over at THR for a while.

Just bought a NIB Nylon 66 for a song and would like to check it out before firing it. Add me to the begging crowd for the dis/ass instructions, please.

[email protected]
Old September 29, 2006, 03:57 AM   #64
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

What was the name of the song?

HJN
Old September 29, 2006, 08:42 AM   #65
DocZinn

Ninety bucks.

And thanks a lot for the instructions, Harvey.
Old October 17, 2006, 09:21 PM   #66
sdenis1

I'm new to the site, but I have a Nylon 66 from my father. I shot through it when I was a kid and my dad cleaned it and could never get it back together. It's now in my posession, and I'd LOVE to show my son how to shoot with it.

Would you please send me the instructions to assemble it?

Thanks

[email protected]
Old October 18, 2006, 01:09 PM   #67
jbondor

Also need assembly instructions

My nylon 66, bought new years ago, rarely cleaned, started failing to feed properly. Took it apart - sure lots of parts - and need help. I would greatly appreciate assembly/disassembly instructions. I will gladly provide reimbursement of costs, etc. Thanks. This thread is refreshing and very helpful. I am relieved to see I'm not the only one in trouble.
Old October 21, 2006, 08:37 PM   #68
anti-foaming

Nylon 66

Hey Harley, think I could get a copy of the dis/ass procedure.
Thank You,
[email protected]
Old November 6, 2006, 04:28 PM   #69
plinkin

Nylon 66

Harley, I have to ask also, can I get a copy of those assembly / disassembly proceedures. thanks in advance.
[email protected]
Old November 7, 2006, 08:59 AM   #70
drizzle

Hi

I just picked up a Model 66 that looks like it has a broken firing pin. Would you please send me the disassembly/assembly instructions.

Thank you!

drizzle
Old November 13, 2006, 07:05 PM   #71
shooter76

add me to the list. took it apart to clean....like many others.....and now i have not idea how to put this monster back together. thank god i found this thread. Harley....I would greatly appreciate those reassembly instructions. thank you in advance.....a real life saver!!!
Old November 14, 2006, 11:07 PM   #72
76r

I hate to join in so late in the game but...
Could you please send me a copy of the Diss/Ass instructions for the #66
Mr. Nolden. (Mine was taken apart in1981, and the parts were misplaced in a move and relocated only recently. A truly joyous occasion!)
Thank you for your assisstance.
Old November 14, 2006, 11:27 PM   #73
DocZinn

D'oh!

I just reread my post and realized I typed "Harvey".

Sorry, Harley. Fat fingers.
Old November 16, 2006, 10:51 AM   #74
ralammers

Hello Harley,

There is one more who would like to jump in line for those instructions for the Nylon 66. If you could please send them when you have time.
Thanks,
Ross
[email protected]
Old November 23, 2006, 09:15 AM   #75
genehjelm

Hi, I'm also in desparate need of these instructructions. Very new to this thread stuff though. Also have been all over the internet and calling around the country looking for a replacement stock for my beloved Nylon 66. Very appreciative in advance for any and all help. [email protected]

Last edited by genehjelm; November 23, 2006 at 09:16 AM. Reason: add email