The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old May 12, 2001, 09:27 AM   #26
Jamie Young

No Geoff you won't go home with any unfired ammo this time!!
I would bring whatever paper targets you want. They just have wooden posts but they get shot down a lot. I'm going to bring some cardboard from work to use as a back drop just so we don't have to worry about showing up and seeing shot up target posts. They sell a few targets inside but there not fancy just simple ones.
Old May 12, 2001, 12:38 PM   #27
K80Geoff

Targets

OK!

Then I can bring my full sized targets of Janet Reno and Hillary (Just kidding)

What do you use at 500 yds? Hope somebody brings a good spotting scope

I'll have to dig out my staple gun and collect some cardboard.

Geoff Ross
Old May 12, 2001, 02:20 PM   #28
Dead

Hopefully I can get some ammo @ the next show for this.... Then I need to figure out what to bring. (I dont think my pellet gun will work well )

About how many people are going so far???
Old May 12, 2001, 02:36 PM   #29
Jamie Young

Actually Geoff at 500yds all you have to do is walk down there and pick out a target thats already up. Half the people that shoot 500yds never hit there targets and end up leaving them up LOL seriously! I shoot 150gr reloads out of a Model 70 and I can hit paper. Let me do a quick head count.....................................
Old May 12, 2001, 02:39 PM   #30
Jamie Young

7 from TFL plus there guests or family members. 1 from 1911 Forum and two from FnFal.com. 10 Confirmed and 3 Maybes and 2 Interested. I'll keep posting other places.
Old May 13, 2001, 01:24 AM   #31
Flattop

Barring any emergent travel trips from work I should be able to show with a buddy of mine. We'll represent NJ. Can you shoot an AR-15 there? I don't know about PA laws and I don't want to get anyone in trouble. We'll have 9mm, .357 magnums, .40 cal, .45 cal and .223 cal weapons, does this place have ammo for these calibers? We will bring our own ammo but more than likely we'll shoot it all and I'm wondering if this range stocks these calibers. Also, what about the targets, do we bring our own or can we buy targets there? This sounds like fun and I'm looking forward to attending.

Flattop
Old May 13, 2001, 09:46 AM   #32
Jamie Young

Bring your own Ammo I think the only thing they sell is Hot Dogs and Soda. They sell a few targets but just simple ones. I'd bring everything you need to shoot with you. Yes you can bring an AR to the range. I have not gone to the Shotgun range so I don't know if they sell ammo for that either. Let me email them and make sure.
Old May 13, 2001, 09:53 AM   #33
loknload

Bring Your Guns

Hello All, Sounds Good I'm gonna look at my schedule and try to make it, Can't say for sure right now. Look forwrd to meeting all of the PA. TFL gang. I hope I can make it
Old May 13, 2001, 02:35 PM   #34
dinosaur

Soda, I received the forwarded email from Rich.

Thanks for asking. I can probably make the 26th depending how I feel. Health problems.

I`m having a problem reading the web site so some questions. It`s about 3 miles from the tpk. extension?

I`m strictly a pistol shooter. Does the pistol range allow shorter distances? I`d probably bring my Kahr, at least one .45 and the .40 & 9mm H.P`s.

LMK.

Old May 13, 2001, 03:26 PM   #35
Jamie Young

There is a 50yd pistol range but you can shoot closer actually as close as about 10yds. Its really just an area with a big dirt dune at 50yds. I'm going to try and bring up some wooden posts for targets so you can stick them in the ground wherever you want. Like I said previously the wooden posts get shot down a lot at this place and your better off bringing your own targets and backdrops. I'll have plenty of cardboard for everyone.

The easiest way is to take the turnpike up to the Quakertown Exit depending on where your coming from dinosaur. Northeast Extension all the way up two exits to the Quakertown Exit its exit 32 You turn right on 663 and go down about 3 miles to the second traffic light and turn right. Take that road (I forget the Name) for about 2 miles and you'll see a big sign on the right and a dirt road for Water and Wings Shooting Club. You can call or email WaterandWings.com for Exact directions but Mine should get you there.
Old May 14, 2001, 03:54 AM   #36
dinosaur

I think I`ll go by your directions.

Targets aren`t a problem, I just ordered a bunch of "Freddie`s". Inside joke. The backings are another story. I guess we can work that out.
Old May 14, 2001, 06:28 PM   #37
ChrisR246

Sounds great. BArring any unforseen problems at work I'll be there for a few hours. Maybe bring a few friends, too. Do they allow 12ga slugs on the rifle range?
Old May 14, 2001, 06:30 PM   #38
Jamie Young

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!! And there is a Range for shooting Clays. They have some 14yr old kid pull but I think its like $25 for a certain number.

There is also NO LIMIT on magazine capacity although they don't like it when people do the rapid fire thing. No Automatics either.
Old May 14, 2001, 09:19 PM   #39
Dead

No rapid fire???? Uh oh, better leave the level action at home
Old May 15, 2001, 06:50 AM   #40
K80Geoff

Hmmmmm

Just checked on this place in Blacks Wing and Clay 2001.

The Sporing Clays course is run by Dan Carlisle (former member of US olympic team) and has a 5 Stand as well. The course is probably at an advanced level. 5 stand is supposed to be challenging.

Don't know if there will be time for it with all the other stuff going on, but is anybody interested in shooting Sporting Clays.? We would need to have a group of 4-5 shooters and the course will probably take 2+ hours to complete? $25 sounds cheap for a 100 bird course, most places run $30 or more for 100 birds.

I'm gonna need an Army deuce and a Half to bring all my stuff (Guns, ammo, targets etc).

Geoff Ross
Old May 18, 2001, 07:03 AM   #41
Dead

ugh

Might be going to Detroit that weekend.... Will find out Saturday
Old May 18, 2001, 05:56 PM   #42
Jamie Young

You better come or else your "Dead" !!! One week and counting...................................................................................
Old May 21, 2001, 09:16 PM   #43
Jamie Young

This is just a reminder to everyone to bring everything you possible need to shoot. I'm bring tons of "cardboard" I think thats how ya spell it for everyone as a back drop but I am completly overwhelmed by the number of people that are emailing me from AR15.com. 5 days and counting!!!
Old May 22, 2001, 09:02 AM   #44
Dead

I might be making it after all..... If I show up I show up! I would like ot know when(and where) that "other" PA is shoot is happening again..... That car trick musta been fun!

Plans are flying around like crazy!
Old May 23, 2001, 04:19 PM   #45
RAY WOODROW 3RD

The wife has just informed me that we must attend a wedding on that day at 3:00. I hope to make the next one. Have a great time fellas........
Old May 23, 2001, 04:35 PM   #46
jthuang

The next PA car shoot is scheduled for sometime in September 2001. I would check periodically at http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/ak47/c...ubb=forum&f=10 around that time.

Have fun at the shoot this weekend, I'll have to catch you all at the next one.

Justin
Old May 23, 2001, 04:44 PM   #47
Jamie Young

I don't have a camera so somebody has to bring one now that Ray is out?
Old May 24, 2001, 05:50 AM   #48
Dead

Where is that root shoot thing?? Anywhere around Quakertown?

Soda Looks like I will be there Saturday. I already have a place to stay so.
Old May 24, 2001, 07:53 AM   #49
jthuang

Root Shoot is in Susquehanna, which is very close to the New York state border.

Justin
Old May 24, 2001, 01:20 PM   #50
Dead

WOW count me and some others in then!!!! Send me an email when you have the exact date!!!