The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old July 2, 2004, 11:27 PM   #1
houndawg

Iver Johnson revolvers

When did Iver Johnson stop making break top revolvers in .32 S&W? Reason I ask is I won one in a Karma on Sig Forum and we need to make sure it's C&R. Here's the link to the thread with a picture:

http://sigforum.com/eve/ubb.x?a=tpc&...10582#61210582

I have some specifics on the pistol I can send by email if anybody requires it to date the pistol.
Old July 5, 2004, 11:44 PM   #2
taliv

no idea, but coincidentally, i was just about to start a thread to ask if anyone might know about when "iver johnson arms and cycle works" serial number 32003 might have been made. (that might be 23003... i'm a bit dyslexic and not sure i wrote it down properly. i'll have to go check again.)

i'm also curious about a dickson model cheyene serial number 28776 in 22lr

thx
Old July 6, 2004, 06:38 AM   #3
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

Gentleman:

I don't have the information you seek. You might try Iver Johnson in search for more information.

HJN
Old July 8, 2004, 01:05 AM   #4
Crimper-D

IJ made a topbreak .32 in the 60's and 70's

A snubby model called the 'Viking', but the hugest number of these topbreaks
were the "Safety Hammer" model made in about every chambering of .32 on the market from the 1890's to 1950...........all of these are C&R's now.

BTW: a LOT of these old 'drawer guns' are around today in very good to excellent shape - because they were bought for protection, put in a drawer wrapped in oilcloth... and never shot

Got a 844 "Sealed 8" 22 target revolver, 6" barrel adjustable taget sights from the 50's... Fun plinker