The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 9, 2001, 01:41 PM   #1
Bud1

Trick shots

I was having some fun with my father and son this past weekend, and we were taking turns "showing off" with shots of various difficulty levels at the shotgun range. You know, stuff like shooting skeet from station 8 at the hip, shooting 1/2 of the clay and breaking the remaining piece, etc.

I "won" with a shot that really tests your hand/eye coordination. Pull doubles from the 16 yard trap line, and I can hit both holding my Beretta 390 upside down from the hip. Broke 8 pairs out of 10.

Anyone else have fun with some safe showoff shots?

Last edited by Bud1; July 9, 2001 at 04:51 PM.
Old July 9, 2001, 02:46 PM   #2
scouter27

I think I take my 1300 out when I get the pistol grips I ordered today and see if I can hit some clays. That would be impressive, since I can hardly hit them with a full stock I will be on a private range.