The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old May 28, 2011, 02:07 AM   #51
dabo

My usual carry piece is the Kahr PM9 with black talons in an inside the pants holster in the small of my back, with a Kel Tek P3AT in the pocket for back up. Been known to carry my Taurus 24-7 and even FNH 5.7 in a Blackhawk holster under a T shirt in the summer. I carry nothing but black talon ammo.. I seem to enjoy the change up in a carry piece... Interesting, that....
Old May 28, 2011, 02:36 AM   #52
mellow_c

This may be late in the thread, and it may be a repeat but this is it.

I have a couple handguns that I go between for my primary carry guns. And I try to keep which "set up" I'm carrying at the time in the front of my mind. I dont always carry in the same place, (Pocket cary, appendix carry, 4 O’clock carry)

But there are occasions where I may carry one of my other handguns, either because I'm in the mountains and a larger gun makes more sense, or because I just feel like getting one of the old boys out for a walk. In the end, all that matters is that I'm keeping in mind what I have on my body. So if I need to use it, I dont choke and go for something that isnt there. I think you all know what I mean.

One of the reasons I carry is because I enjoy firearms. Heck I'm a hobbyist. And There is nothing like the freedom to carry, whether it be a 500 S&W, or a .22 LR pocket pistol.
Old May 29, 2011, 12:01 AM   #53
C0untZer0

I understand having a few handguns - cool weather allows people to dress differently than summer weather.

I also understand if you get some new compact handgun, and you like it better than the gun you are/were carrying, you will start carrying it instead.

I am talking about people who have a "rotation". When I read about people putting a gun in thier carry "rotation", it really sounds more like it's due to the neato factor. Not necesarily a sound tactical decision.