The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 3, 2010, 12:46 PM   #1
Don Gwinn
Staff Emeritus

Pendleton revolving safes--anyone using one?

The revolving safes from Pendleton at www.pendletonsafes.com seem innovative and handy. Does anyone here have one? I'd like to get a discussion going on the pros and cons, if any.

Youtube video link--sales presentation of several Pendleton units.

I love the idea of the white interior (though I could do that to my cheap metal lockbox with a can of spray paint) to get more light in there, but the revolving stands and shelves are the selling point, and rightly so. I hate having to arrange and re-arrange my long guns in my current storage, which is admittedly too small for my small collection. As I begin to contemplate saving up for a "real" safe, these Pendleton units make a lot of sense to me. But they are expensive, and I wonder what the quality is like and how handy the features really are over time.
Old July 3, 2010, 05:32 PM   #2
SheepNutz

There's no way I'd ever be able to afford one of these (or all of the guns to fit into one), but here's a review of their safes. There's a video review you can download on the right side of the page too.

http://www.gunblast.com/Pendleton.htm
Old July 18, 2010, 12:36 PM   #3
xcop

Pendleton

They have never bothered to list the thickness of the body or door steel in any version of their website. How do you know you might not be buying a 16g round locker? Weight in RSC's is many times due to the plasterboard used as firelining and not the steel. If a company is afraid to list their steel thickness I would avoid them like the plague as you dont know what you are getting.