The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 29, 2011, 05:16 PM   #1
hooligan1

Handloads.com

Handloads.com , has any of you fellas takin a look at that site yet? I picked one up for my 7mm rem mag, using 150 grn Ballistic Tips and Partitions. I think I'm going to try them.
Old May 29, 2011, 05:35 PM   #2
Marco Califo

I have looked at this sites loads before. It looks OK. BUT, I will always "sanity-check" against other sources (powder manufs., bullet manufs.).
I believe they show a field called "source", and the couple I looked at were same as Alliants site.
Old May 29, 2011, 08:13 PM   #3
Ralph Allen

Yes. The field on the right side of data sheet will say where the load came from. If it says "guest", then it is from a private party. If it's from a commercial source, ie, Hodgdon, then it says so. As all load books state, reduce loads by X % before starting.
Ralph
Old May 29, 2011, 09:52 PM   #4
Clark

That site was started by a real nice guy in Duvall, over 10 years ago.

I don't think he is there anymore.
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?
Old May 29, 2011, 10:14 PM   #5
troy_mclure

most of what i saw pretty much came straight from the books or manufacturers website.

i guess if you have no books of your own its d decent resource.
There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."
Old May 30, 2011, 06:53 PM   #6
spacecoast

It's a mix of data copied from manufacturer's web sites and loads contributed by individuals. I use it as another source, but never rely on a single source for a load/powder combo I'm unfamiliar with.