The Firing Line Forums
Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > S.W.A.T. Magazine

Old January 2, 2002, 05:06 PM   #1
sports2themax

Outstanding right out of the gates!!!

I subscribed to SWAT the moment TFL took over. So far it's been a pleasure to read and the articles informative and useful. Keep up the good work!!!

If I had to add any feedback, it would be in regard to "field testing". Since many of the posts on the "semi forum" refer to which is better then which?!?!? How about "torture tests" on some of the more popular had-guns/weapon systems posted on the TFL? Take a particular post about the durability of a weapon system in question and run it through it's paces, but take it to the extremes? Torture it!!!

Since I am a P-99 fan, I'd like to see you guys run the P-99 through it's paces, but going all out and doing things I'd never imagine doing my self. Torture until it screams!!! Then report back on how long it took for the Walther to scream/fail?

Sure, other mags do this. However, use TFL post material instead, targeting a certain group/forum (specifically from the TFL bulletin board). I think this would help bring the two together and offer a forum/magazine interface, not accomplished by any other mag.

Just my two cents....

Peace,

Sports

NRA Life Member and I Vote!!!

Member California Rifle and Pistol Association and I Vote!!! and vote and vote and vote ...
sports2themax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2, 2002, 05:26 PM   #2
Denny Hansen
Staff Emeritus

In our December issue we took a Para-Ordnance LDA and ran 5,000 rounds through it. Using a bunch of shooters and 26 magazines, the gun was fired until it was too hot to hold--at which time it was doused in water and the tests continued.

We'll do our best to continue to bring realistic and relevant evaluations to our readers.

Denny
Denny Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2, 2002, 08:08 PM   #3
Jamie Young

Thats the kind of gun testing I want to hear about

Merging a Magazine to www.TheFiringline.com is what turns me onto subscribing.

In All honesty I think a lot of us TFL Members still don't understand what S.W.A.T. is all about.
Jamie Young is offline   Reply With Quote