The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 10, 2000, 01:56 PM   #1
AEM

These look good for my S&W 442 snubby, because they are small and made of nylon which won't grab clothing like rubber. Any comments from users?

They come with or without finger grooves, and in smooth or textured finish. What are the pros and cons of these features?

Thanks
Old October 15, 2000, 10:54 AM   #2
Wayne D

I found a pair at a gun show for $10 right after I bought my 442. They are textured without fingergrooves. I love them. With the boot grips that come on the 442 my finger goes too far thru the trigger guard and my index finger actually hits my thumb. The hideout grips are just fat enough to prevent this from happening. I've never seen a pair with fingergrooves so I can't help you there. You are correct about them not "sticking" to your clothes like rubber grips. As a matter of fact I want to get another pair, I tried about a year ago and couldn't find the company or anyone who sells them. Do you know where I can order them?

------------------
Wayne D
NRA Life Member
Old October 16, 2000, 08:07 AM   #3
AEM

Brownells carries them for about $15.

www.brownells.com

Thanks for the reply.