The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old July 28, 2012, 03:50 PM   #1
ks_wayward_son

Yugo M57 Recoil Spring assembly/dis

Has anyone tried to swap out the recoil spring for the M57? I know that a retaining pin has to be removed because the rod and spring is a single unit. I have read that standard TT33 springs can be used as a replacement. Reason I'm wanting to do this is because the slide doesn't lock back on the final spent casing, and when racking the slide on the first initial round, there does not seem to be enough tension to fully seat the round. I have two magazines and this situation occurs on both, not just one or the other. Thanks.
Old July 29, 2012, 04:15 AM   #2
ronz

Never done it but don’t look to be too difficult just probably going to be a pita to get it back together though
How’s the slide stop? One way to check it is to remove the slide and put in the mag and make sure the stop is being pushed up by the follower
I bought one used and didn’t notice until I got it home that the po ground down the slide stop