The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old August 7, 2000, 10:58 AM   #1
DorGunR

I have a Bolt Action .22 cal rifle made by Walther, I purchased this rifle used in 1978/79 and was told that this model was discontinued about 1963/65. This rifle has a 5 shot magazine that fits almost flush with the stock, the front sight has a shroud and the rear sight is located on the barrel just forward of the receiver. There is NO model number that I can find. Oh yes, the safety in a push button that goes completely thru the stock just above and behind the trigger assembly. The rifle is in excellent condition except for a ding in the stock near the butt plate. QUESTION: where can I obtain additional magazines for this rifle and what is the approx. value?

------------------
"Lead, follow or get the HELL out of the way."
Old August 7, 2000, 02:59 PM   #2
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

DorGnr:
Will need more information. Walther made standard type .22 rifles and numerous Match Grade type rifles. Many times the stock description can better identify them.

HJN
Old August 7, 2000, 03:05 PM   #3
DorGunR

Harley,
This rifle has a one piece stock with a pistol grip and a Monte Carlo "cheek rest (is that the correct term?) What else do I need to look for? Oh Yes, the serial number is 361XX
Thanks.

[This message has been edited by DorGunR (edited August 07, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by DorGunR (edited August 07, 2000).]