The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 10, 2005, 11:23 PM   #1
overlordofwar

Good deal on a Benelli

I've been looking around for a Benelli semi auto 12 guage for a while and can't seem to find one in my price range. Would anyone happen to know of a place to get a good deal on a Benelli? New or used isn't to important, I'm just trying to find out if I might be able to pick one up for less than a thousand dollars (which is what I've seen on the price tag at most places I've looked). If not then I'll just have to save up more money.
Old April 10, 2005, 11:29 PM   #2
fwcofficer

I doubt you would be able to find a new one under $1000, but maybe a used one. From my experience looking for them, not that many people want to part with them. I want the M2 Tactical, nice gun... expensive though.
#20 Tony Stewart
Old April 11, 2005, 12:20 AM   #3
snacktrack

Quote:
I want the M2 Tactical, nice gun... expensive though.
same here, debating whether to put my tax refund towards credit card, or a Benelli

Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein
My band's website: daughter darling
Old April 11, 2005, 05:23 AM   #4
overlordofwar

I've seen a couple used Benellis of various models at gun shows in Wichita KS for around $700-$800. Would that be a good deal or is that about normal for a used Benelli. My cousin said he sell me his for 700 at one time but I felt like that was a bit steep for a four year old gun, but I could be mistaken. I personaly don't know how well Benellis hold their value.
Old April 11, 2005, 08:44 AM   #5
HSMITH

The used racks here are covered with nearly new Benelli's. Don't see the tactical models that often though.
Old April 11, 2005, 10:51 AM   #6
1BadF350

Check out the Stoegers at Dicks Sporting Goods for under $400 or so. They use Benelli systems in their guns and If you look at them real close you can read, "Accokeek, Md." which is the same place Benelli and Berretta are located. Coincidence? I think not.
Old April 11, 2005, 10:53 AM   #7
1BadF350

Quote:
same here, debating whether to put my tax refund towards credit card, or a Benelli
Get the Benelli, then set that credit card up and see how the Benelli patterns at say 10 feet.
Old April 11, 2005, 09:24 PM   #8
Skeetin'870

Yes the stoegers use the benelli system, but having picked one up and it felt extremely cheap and I have heard bad things about them. $400 for an o/u just isnt natural
Old April 12, 2005, 07:08 PM   #9
snacktrack

Quote:
Get the Benelli, then set that credit card up and see how the Benelli patterns at say 10 feet.
Lol! Man, thanks for making me laugh so hard! Thats actually a pretty good plan. Hmmmmm. I'd have to take pictures of that to show you guys if I decide to take 1BadF350's advice.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein
My band's website: daughter darling
Old July 6, 2005, 11:43 PM   #10
Skeetin'870

Quote:
Check out the Stoegers at Dicks Sporting Goods for under $400 or so. They use Benelli systems in their guns and If you look at them real close you can read, "Accokeek, Md." which is the same place Benelli and Berretta are located. Coincidence? I think not.
It isnt a coincidince as stoeger is owned by beretta just like benelli.
Also rugerdude had a stoeger condor purchased for him and he hates the thing
3 Head on the gun
4 Follow Through
Old July 7, 2005, 04:08 PM   #11
InSoMNiaX23

I was able to pick up my M1 Field here in St. Louis for $850. I think the M2s are going for a touch over $1000. I've held both and I like the M1 more. I wasn't intending on buying it when I did, but the guy at my gunshop said that new M1s (in 12 gauge) were going to become harder and harder to find as the year went on. I didn't want a 20 gauge so I bought it. Oh, BTW, I was looking at that Stoeger semi-auto (the M2000?) and it didn't feel very well built. I don't know what it was about it, but it felt cheep to me. I am very content with my choice.....
Old July 7, 2005, 04:42 PM   #12
Bosshoff

I don't have a tacticool model, only the Super Black Eagle which I use to hunt waterfowl. Mine is a 2002 model or so? In 2001 they had a differently sized rib on the barrel which people complained did not point well. This was fixed in the later models. The new models have some sort of recoil dampening system which is pretty slick. I am a fat ass, so the shottie does not throw me around, but my co-worker is 125#'s dripping wet, and he is very interested in anything that can decrease the recoil. I may be a little off on the dates, and most of this is stuff I have picked up in shops and gun rags, so be forewarned. Benelli's do sound off with that wierd cha-chunk! every time you pull the trigger!
Old July 10, 2005, 08:41 PM   #13
talltimber

Check with Hawk's in Blytheville AR on the sbe's. If you wanna II, fogetaboutit.
Old July 18, 2005, 06:05 PM   #14
Cyanide_357

This gem might interest a few of you.

I already have a Benelli M1 tactical w/ PGS & GR. I got mine in the $800 range. Put a enlarged bolt handle and 4 round extension on it... My perfect gun..

Anyways... I found this gem on on gunbroker.

NIB Benelli M1 Tactical 12ga -- standard stock & rifle sights. for $639.

Gun broker auction.

Hope this helps

Cyanide