The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old November 12, 1998, 04:40 PM   #26
Racegun

Hello From Alabama!
I shoot at the FOP Range in Pleasant Grove just outside of Birmingham, the nicest IPSC range in the State.

My hardware consist of custom made state-of-the-art 38 Super STI with Holosite made by Joe Campiere of Campiere-Customs.com a great guy and master class shooter. Safariland leather, holster, magpouches. Club High-Lady 1997.
Old November 24, 1998, 11:09 PM   #27
1911Azone

Great thread!
Another IPSC shooter from Colorado -- I shoot with Motorep when he allows mere mortals in the berm with him.

I'm fairly new to the IPSC game but have gotten pretty hooked. Limited: P14 that doesn't look very stock anymore. "Dark Side": .38 Super SVI with Hybricomp and C-more.

Like some of the other posts, we've got six active IPSC clubs w/in driving distance of Denver -- a match (or two) each weekend. Not quite like Phoenix but enough to cause problems on the homefront.
Old November 26, 1998, 08:55 AM   #28
The Scandinavian

Dan C: You mentioned that you are using the G22 and G35 - I'm at present trying to decide which of these to buy for IPSC. At the moment I'm leaning towards the G22. How do they measure up, in your opinion?

To answer the original post, at the moment I use an USP9F and an Uncle Mikes Sidekick belt holster for IPSC. Not terribly competitive I know but I only do it for fun. Anyway now isn't a great time of the year for IPSC-ing becase the hot cases melt the snow just well enough to hide themselves completely...
Cheers, "<font color=red>The Scandinavian</font>"

[This message has been edited by The Scandinavian (edited 11-26-98).]
Old November 30, 1998, 12:38 AM   #29
Dan C

The Glock 35, IMHO, is a better gun for competition. It has the 3.5# Trigger and extended mag release from the factory. You would have to add those yourself on the 22, which would even out the cost between them. An added benefit is that the 35 has just a bit more recoil absorbing weight to it, and a longer barrel. There are a couple of other Glock shooters on this list that I bet would love to share their opinions on this. Hey Redwing Dave...