The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 15, 2000, 11:04 PM   #1
Mike Baugh

Has anyone tried the Galco "Jack Ass" shoulder holster ? If so how does it compare to the "Miami Classic" , I was thinking about trying one for my Sig 239 . Thanks , Mike...
Old February 16, 2000, 09:12 PM   #2

I orderd one for my 1911 right after they came out. What's that, about a year ago ?
I wear it off duty on a daily basis. So far it's as good as new. I can't comment on the Miami Classic since I've never owned one. The Jack Ass is worth the money though.
Old February 17, 2000, 12:16 AM   #3
blades67

The Jack Ass rig was/is the predessesor of the Miami Classic rig. Galco has reintroduced the Jack Ass rig. They both wear about the same, as the harness is the same. The holsters are the difference. The Jack Ass rig keeps the muzzle in a more pronounced diagonal position. Some will find this more to their liking, others will not. If you can find a shop that has both models in stock, try them both on.

------------------
Guns cause crime like spoons cause Rosie O'Donnell to be fat!
Old February 18, 2000, 08:32 AM   #4
Mike in VA

Funny you should ask, Mike, I've got one for my 239. As pointed out, it carries the gun in a diagonal attitude, the degree of cant is adjustable via the strap length. It's well made, I find it very comfortable, and on my big self (I wear a 48 Long), it just plain disappears under a jacket or vest. Try it, you'll like it. M2