The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 9, 2006, 10:02 PM   #1
TRM

Surefire light/laser combo

Does anyone know when Surefire is coming out with their light/laser combo? I have seen it on several mags. I don't remember what it was called, maybe X201. By the way, I just picked up a XD-40 today. I just picked up my XD-40 today. Tomorrow should be fun.
Old December 9, 2006, 11:21 PM   #2
Shane Tuttle
Staff

surefire...

I know you were talking about the Surefire, but I just have to ask...
Have you researched Streamlight's line? I have the TLR-2. 80 lumens light and laser combo. Has features like:
1. laser only
2. light only
3. laser and light simultaneously.
4. Can elect momentary on or continuous.
5. Shock proof
6. Water proof(I think off the top of my head)
7. Ease of use.
8. Excellent warranty/service after the sale.
I have it on my XD40. It fits easily on the gun and the laser is easily adjustable.
By the way, I just picked up my XD45ACP friday and I've got the itch to go out, too!
Have fun!
Old December 12, 2006, 06:30 PM   #3
firemedic1975

SureFire X200

I think that this os the best one on the market right now I have one and it ahs been through you know where and back. If you have ever seen any of the tests they put it through you should take a look at them. I have seen it hammer a nail and still work flawlessly. A well known handgun trainer swears by the surefire and crimson trace if you have ever seen those. The thing about a laser is that it's an auxilliary sight not a substitue for your sights.
You HAVE to stand for something or you WILL fall for anything!!! American by birth SOUTHERN by the Grace of God!!! Colt Double Eagle .45, Kimber Stainless Ultra Carry II .45, Sig 226 9mm, Ruger G100 .357 mag, S&W Airweight .38+p, Glock 23, Berretta Neo .22, (2) Yugo SKS's, 12 gauge Winchester 3 in, Marlin 30-30, H&K G-3 (91)