The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old September 15, 2012, 04:35 PM   #1
dirtymoney

257 Wby Mag

ok new poster here and about to get into reloading the above. Im basically looking for a place with good folks and a good starting place for this new gun i have. i have some experience with handloading, but its been a long time (I loaded some with dad back in high school, but dad is gone now and so i feel a little like im starting from scratch).

The gun is a Wby Vanguard with a 24 in barrel. This is new to me because,in my limited amout of reloading, ive never dealt with a .25 cal or a mag cal either one. My experience is mainly with the 243 and 30-06, so im trying to find a starting place. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edit for clarity
im looking into the 110g projectile range, and looking for fast and flat shooting for long range varmits, etc

Last edited by dirtymoney; September 15, 2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old September 15, 2012, 09:53 PM   #2
GeauxTide

For vermin, a 100gr Nosler BT can be scorched to 3500. Extremely flat shooting and hard hitting.