The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 12, 2009, 01:10 AM   #1
wyobohunter

Swift v. Sierra, customer service

Just thought I'd report on the difference between the two when it comes to customer service.

Sierra: Bought a box of .338 250gr SPBT's (Gameking) for my .338 RUM and don't have any published data for this bullet w/my particular powder. I called them (1-800#) and spoke with a ballistics person within 2-3 minutes. He was happy to give me start, max, and the best accuracy loads they tested for my powder. Nice fella too.

Swift: Bought a box of .308 180gr Poly-tip BT's (Scirocco II) for my 30-06 and don't have any published data for this bullet w/my particular powder. I called them (long distance) and got some person who didn't know anything about reloading. She said she could take a message and the "bullet guy" would call me back. She also informed me that he was also the owner/CEO; normally I'd think that was pretty cool if the owner of a semi-big company called me personally to help me with a product but... I detected some inkling that I should be awastruck because he would grace me with his voice... That was 1 week ago, no call back. I've since found some load data. I'm actually using data given to me on this forum some time ago but I'd forgotten I'd asked for it. The search feature is nice.

Will I continue to buy Sierra bullets? You bet
Will I continue to buy Swift bullets? Maybe, if my gun likes em' I will. Just not thrilled with the customer service.
Old April 12, 2009, 06:51 AM   #2
J A

's techs

Yes, Sierra's Techs are great. The are very helpful and will give you the info and data to safely use their products. For rifle information Rich Macholz is great. I have shot against him at a few matches and he is a fun guy to be around. Don't be afraid to ask any of them questions. That is what they are there for. Jim