The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old May 11, 2009, 03:58 PM   #1
iScream

Big thumbs up for Graf and Sons

I purchased a Lyman 1200DPS from Grafs back in Feb, before doing enough research into what I really want/need for reloading. Since then I decided I wanted either a Lee Classic Turret or Dillon Square Deal B. I was about to post the Lyman for sale but decided to give Grafs a quick call and see if there was a chance they would still let me pay the restock fee and get the Dillon instead. After speaking briefly with two very polite ladies, I was asked whether I would like to pay the restocking fee or just pay the return shipping myself. I was fully expecting to pay both when I called, if they even let me return the scale at all two months after the normal return period ended.

Obviously, they have a long term customer now. And I have a SDB setup for 38 Special shipping out to me this week!

-Chris
Old May 11, 2009, 05:05 PM   #2
45Marlin carbine

I've always had good relations with Grafs.
Old May 11, 2009, 06:53 PM   #3
GP100man

Grafs& son

my mail ordering is slowly shifting to Grafs& son.

GP100man
Old May 11, 2009, 07:21 PM   #4
ccwtrainer

You make the right decision!
Folks on this web site will think I work for Dillon, well I don't, they work for me, anytime something breaks on either my Square deal or RL RL550 !
Old May 11, 2009, 07:27 PM   #5
longranger

I usually buy black powder in 25lb lots and use Graf and Sons exclusively for their prices and customer service.Great Co.
Old May 11, 2009, 07:35 PM   #6
The_Vigilante

Big thumbs up for Graf and Sons

+1 on Graf's. They only charge $4.50 for shipping and handling. I recently back-ordered 5000 Win SP from them. I haven't seen any Winchester primers anywhere for a long long time-wonder what they are doing? Anyway, I emailed Graf's requesting they substitute Federal SP for the Wins. I called up Saturday to check to see if it had been done. The nice lady that answered advised me they had a case of Federal SP in my name and wondered if I still wanted them? I am still waiting on backorders from Cabela's and Powder Valley. I also am gravitating toward Graf's as my online supplier.
Old May 11, 2009, 07:40 PM   #7
CrustyFN

Graf's has been getting most of my business for almost three years now. Always had very good CS from them.
Rusty
Old May 11, 2009, 09:49 PM   #8
Tex S

+1 on Grafs.

I have a $500 order on backorder with them. They are great.

I will let yall know how long it takes to get my powder and primers. Its been 3 weeks so far.
Old May 12, 2009, 10:17 PM   #9
iScream

I forgot to mention that they told me they would go ahead and ship the press out Wednesday, even before I send them the Lyman scale back.

And, I just got a message from Fedex that they sent it out a day early and it should arrive Friday.

-Chris
Old May 14, 2009, 12:09 AM   #10
Tex S

Quote:
+1 on Grafs.

I have a $500 order on backorder with them. They are great.

I will let yall know how long it takes to get my powder and primers. Its been 3 weeks so far.
UPDATE!!!

They called me today and told me my order is ready! They wanted to know if I still wanted 10k primers and 8lbs of powder.

What a stupid question!!!!

All joking aside, I thought it was really nice for them to ask if I still wanted the items. It also gave me a chance to move some money into the account that funds the debit card # I gave them. It saved me an overdraft fee.

If you are looking for powder and primers, quit crying about it and get on Grafs backorder list!!! They'll take care of ya!!!

Last edited by Tex S; May 14, 2009 at 12:17 AM.
Old May 16, 2009, 12:51 AM   #11
godsey5

I stopped by there on my way thru mexico on weds and picked up a 8 lb jug of varget. I was a happy camper!

Jim
Old May 16, 2009, 07:17 AM   #12
Mike Irwin
Staff

I've always been exceedingly pleased with my dealings with Grafs.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old May 25, 2009, 07:56 PM   #13
ord03

I've dealt with Grafs several times with no problems. Last order, there was a bit of a mixup on a couple of items.

The customer service guy I dealt with was great, and we had a few really humorous emails back and forth (the thought of the shipping guy and the Wizard of Id cartoon of him hung in the dungeon).

They made it right and I was happy. Good company to deal with.
Old May 25, 2009, 10:00 PM   #14
FALPhil

I love Graf's.

Quote:
Folks on this web site will think I work for Dillon, well I don't, they work for me, anytime something breaks on either my Square deal or RL RL550!
That's why I bought the Hornady. Nothing ever breaks!