The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 21, 2012, 05:09 PM   #1
hodaka

B-2000 Magazine Plug

Can any of you help me out with the installation of this? I'm use to dropping a dowel or stick in the end of the magazine of my Remington. I got my Dad's after he passed and wanted to take it dove hunting tomorrow. The manual looks like you've got to disassemble the entire shotgun to simply plug the magazine. Any help would be appreciated.
Old September 21, 2012, 06:03 PM   #2
BigJimP

I don't have a B-2000 but this should answer your question....

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/field...ice_manual.pdf

I thought you just had to unscrew the cap nut on the magazine ...to remove the barrel ...and the plug was accessible ...but maybe not...???

But you should disassemble the gun ...make sure its clean and properly lubed anyway before you go into the field...( in my opinion ).
Old September 22, 2012, 05:52 AM   #3
hodaka

Thanks Jim. This is much better than the manual that I had Googled up. I see how to insert a magazine plug now. Still it is a pain because of the design of the gas system on this thing. I had taken it apart and cleaned it but did not remove the magazine stop. That seems to be the place to insert the plug.

BTW - I learned that the barrel is improved modified so I think I'll take something else dove hunting.
Old September 22, 2012, 10:00 AM   #4
BigJimP

Imp Mod...yes, I think you should probably leave it at home...

Sure, I understand...the B-2000 is pretty old technology .../ but its a family gun - so I'd still keep it, if I were you.
Old September 22, 2012, 12:50 PM   #5
hodaka

Yep, it's not going anywhere but I'll start looking for another barrel.
Old September 22, 2012, 01:30 PM   #6
BigJimP

Sure, find another used gun ...salvage the barrel ../ and the rest of the parts....and hone it out to whatever choke you want ...or maybe send it to someone like Briley Mfg ...and have it threaded for screw in chokes.