The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old June 25, 2000, 04:10 PM   #1
vanfunk

Hi guys. I have a very interesting Weatherby rifle and I'd like to gather some information about it. It's a heavy barrel 300 Weatherby mag target (varmint-tee hee!)rifle. The barrel does not appear to have a taper, and is about 1.3 inches in diameter at the muzzle. All metal is matte blue. The only markings are "Weatherby Mark V" and "Patent Pending", S.N. 204XX. There is "T" in a circle on the barrel where it meets the receiver. The stock has the usual Weatherby Mark V deluxe look, but has a heavy, wide "beavertail" forend. The whole outfit weighs about 18 lbs. It is in excellent condition, fired maybe 10 times. Huge old B&L 6x24 scope on it, too. It was part of a large estate collection I inherited from my grandfather. IIRC, he said that he knew of only 4 other rifles like it. Before I fork over the $50 to have the Weatherby Collectors Association look into it, I thought I'd post here to see if it would ring any bells. What have I got here? Any ideas/thoughts/suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!
vanfunk

------------------
semper ubi sub ubi