The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old April 23, 2006, 03:54 PM   #1
santaro

nylon 66 assembly

I'm also having difficulty getting my old nylon 66 back together after cleaning. Please send the directions. Thank you.
Old April 24, 2006, 08:49 PM   #2
onebohemian

Harley's probably sent them to you already because that is how nice a guy he is. If not, though, I located them online in .pdf format at a yahoo groups site for Nylon 66s. The group is called "nylonrifles." In the "files," there are a number of .pdfs containing valuable information on Remington Nylons. For example, in addition to the disassembly/assembly document, there is a field strip booklet and a number of articles and facts/history. I'd encourage anyone who wants to learn more about these great old guns to join that group.

I'll check back tomorrow to see if you got them or not as I don't have the .pdf on this computer. If not, I can email you them tomorrow as well.

Mark
Old April 28, 2006, 10:55 PM   #3
pipoman

I don't own an M66 but I have seen this request many time on here. This should almost warrant a sticky with the instructions. Is there a copyright problem with posting the instructions?
Old April 29, 2006, 07:55 AM   #4
Rich Lucibella
Staff

There would be no copyright issue to my understanding:
- Neither you nor Harley are charging for the instructs
- The Instructs are freely given by the manufacturer
- It is in the manufacturer's interest to be able to demonstrate that all owners of a given weapon have ready access to the instructs from a variety of sources.

Rich
Old April 30, 2006, 10:54 AM   #5
pipoman

Harley, Don't misunderstand me, I'm not being critical. You have helped many people by sending them these instructions. Apparently these guns are tricky, one of my neighbors owns one, he has probably never cleaned it, he uses it for varmints around his farmstead.

Again, I think you give a great service.

BTW I bought my Firearms Cross Reference Guide at Borders, great reference, Thanks
Old April 30, 2006, 05:14 PM   #6
RJay

The Model 66 is a gunsmiths dream. I broke mine down once for cleaning, never again. Now I just spray it out, spray some lube and let it go. I advise my friends to swab the barrel , and do the same. These are good " working guns" and will still be shooting after others have given up the ghost, however it's not a good ideal to take them apart ,as all the post requesting help shows.
Old May 22, 2006, 03:34 PM   #7
LDThornton

I know many people have problems disassembling/assembling the Remington Nylon 66 rifle. I've heard the stories of people taking them apart and then having to put the parts in a bucket to take to anyone that might be able to put it back together for them. If anyone is having this problem and are willing to bring me their rifle I would be happy to put their rifle back together for them at no charge what-so-ever. After you know the tricks they are easy to work on as long as you haven't taken them down too far. Give me a call at 316-321-2986 and maybe I can help. I live in the El Dorado, Kansas area....... Lonnie
Old May 23, 2006, 09:27 PM   #8
aleija1

Hi I'm having trouble breaking down my Nylon 66, and was wondering if I could get a copy of the assembly/disassembly manual.
Old May 23, 2006, 09:29 PM   #9
aleija1

Hi I'm having trouble breaking down my Nylon 66, and was wondering if I could get a copy of the assembly/disassembly manual. My email address is [email protected]
Old May 24, 2006, 06:45 AM   #10
mannix

66 instructions

I have just recieved a used Nylon 66 and I can't find a maunual anywhere could some one give me some help on breaking it down?
Old May 24, 2006, 01:40 PM   #11
armedandsafe

Let's stick the link

in here. You have to join to get to the "files" section.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/nylonrifles/

Pops

If it time to bury them, it is time to dig them up.
Remember, "Behind every blade of grass."
Old August 9, 2007, 05:56 PM   #12
Poppi

Nylon 66 assembly

I need to reassemble my Nylon 66. I have attempted to go to the yahoo group for nylonrifles, but you have to be a member to access it and nowhere does it tell you how to become a member of the group.

Does anyone have in depth instructions for reassembly of the Nylon 66?
Can anyone tell me how to join the nylonrifles group?

Poppi
Old August 9, 2007, 06:28 PM   #13
Redneckrepairs

a google search turned up this site with most of the manuals a fella could ask for on the Remmington Nylon rifles . http://www.nylonrifles.com/NylonRifles/Documents.html
Old August 24, 2007, 08:19 AM   #14
Hemicuda

The Best Advice On Nylon Rifles, For Dissasembly, Is!!!

DON'T DO IT!!!

I own about 18 of these guns... and there is NO REASON, EVER, to dissasemble them any more than taking off the stamped reciever cover and cleaning what you can reach from there!

they will function FLAWLESSLY for many lifetimes with no more than removing that cover and wiping out any crap you can reach easily...

I have purchased a half a dozen of them, DIRT CHEAP in "loose parts" form, and put them back together... it ain't easy...

gun and car collector.
Rare cars, and rarer guns.
Old August 24, 2007, 10:52 PM   #15
T. O'Heir

Disassembly rule number one. Don't. Like Hemicuda says, there's no need to. However, do a search of this forum. The instructions are there some place.
Old August 27, 2007, 10:33 PM   #16
danfloris

i have the same problem i need assembly instruction and when i click the site in the yahoo thread it wont let me in yet im a member of yahoo...thanks please send me some instructions. [email protected]

Last edited by danfloris; August 27, 2007 at 10:37 PM. Reason: forgot my email