The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old November 30, 2006, 06:35 PM   #1
MrGee

back stab'ers

There a front group for the gun banners. If you can check out their board of directors and google there names you will find they all have a back ground with anti gun groups"
--- http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6132108AAcOgv0
-
False ads by "American Hunters and Shooters' Association"?
The National Rifle Association has just announced that the bogus "American Hunters and Shooters' Association", which has actually supported politicians in Missouri who OPPOSE lawful ownership of firearms, has been forced to withdraw its ads and that two radio stations have refused to run them. Did anyone fail to realize that the ASHA ads were nothing but political LIES? Source: nra_ila.com
Old November 30, 2006, 06:59 PM   #2
bclark1

Yeah, I caught that whole thing. The libs will sink to any level these days, I swear. There's a lot of fake sites attacking various conservative religious sects as well. If a conservative made a fake site mocking or trying to confuse any sort of liberal cause-of-the-week, they'd be up to their neck in protests and probably half-witted lawsuits more designed to complicate life than accomplish anything. I'm glad the "ASHA" is losing steam and people are aware...

This is more political or general discussion than rifle, though.
Old November 30, 2006, 08:50 PM   #3
cheygriz

A couple of years ago, Colorado had a group formed by "green weenie" environmental extremists called "hunters for gun control" or some such name.

They were supposedly avid hunters that wanted to outlaw damn near all guns, and close off damn near all public land to human use.
Old November 30, 2006, 10:09 PM   #4
FirstFreedom

Wolves in Sheep's clothing, they are...

That's comedy, because I'm a environmental extremist - pretty much a greenie tree hugger, and I want to EXPAND hunting lands and gun ownership. I just want to keep the land, air, & water CLEAN! For myself, others, and future generations. I am opposed to un-managed, un-controlled logging. I'm still undecided on drilling in ANWAR - I think I'm for it, IF and only if, it's done in such a way as to protect wildlife and clean up the mess after the hole is dug and the pipes set. I'm definitely opposed to unfettered 4-wheeler access to public lands - those things are a menace - get a horse, mountain bike, or walk in, damned lardbutts!
Old November 30, 2006, 11:28 PM   #5
270Win

FirstFreedom, I'm in an almost identical position to you, philosophically.

My local range is attached to the Isaac Walton League where I am a loyal member. And I also believe that natural conservation and gun ownership are definitely not mutually exclusive.

These fake groups are sad, and despicable. You'd think an organization would have to have some kind of correspondance between their name and their politics. Doesn't seem to be anything new, though. I remember when a comedian (Al Franken? perhaps?) started a fake organization along the lines of "Satanists for Bush" and sent checks to the campaign to see if they would be cashed. Caused a small uproar at the time.
Old December 1, 2006, 01:26 AM   #6
Johnny Guest
Moderator in Memoriam

Interesting topic - -

But perhaps a little out of place in Rifle forum. Maybe it belongs in General Discussion, or even Legal and Political. After due consideration, though, I'm moving it to The Hunt forum. Reason is, there's plenty of controversy in the other two forums, and I think there will be a bit more active interest in The Hunt.

Re-direct left in original location.

Best,
Johnny