The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 23, 2001, 12:36 PM   #1
tony.s

I've been thinking about getting a shoulder holster for my Walther P99. The problem is that usually good quality holsters tend to cost a lot of money. And a lot of money is one thing I do no have... A price of more than 100$ is not acceptable. 50$ would be a nice price... So, suggestions anyone? So far the best one I've come up with is Uncle Mike's, but that one had velcro strips that made way too much noise.
Old March 25, 2001, 02:19 AM   #2
blades67

Look for a Bianchi X-15 vertical shoulder holster, I believe they run about 50$.

I hunt, therefore I am.
Old March 26, 2001, 10:35 AM   #3
tony.s

Hmm... Perhaps I was a bit vague. I'm looking for the whole deal. Holster, harness, all of it. At least what I've come across suggests that for 50$ only thing you can get from Bianchi is just the holster - without the harness. The price of the whole rig is pretty close to 100$. (Or then you've been surfing at the right web pages and I at the wrong ones... )
Old March 26, 2001, 06:58 PM   #4
VIEJO

Tony,
Try http://www.makarov.com. They sell nicely made shoulder rigs for a lot of U.S. and European pistols at a really good price. Some have the harness, holster, single or double offside mag pouches and go for as little as $45.00-$60.00 (US) last time I checked.
Good Luck,

Viejo
Old March 26, 2001, 08:10 PM   #5
Javahed

Tony,

Here's an option:

Blackhawk's Angle Draw Shoulder Holster $54.95 retail --
The ADSH allows for comfortable concealment and provides quick efficient draw due to its 45 degree set angle. Comes standard with automatic dual mag pouch, fully ambidextrous, one size fits most autos, fully adjustable, and dual retention thumb break.

Hope this helped
Old March 26, 2001, 08:12 PM   #6
Javahed

And yet another option:

Blackhawk's Concealed Shoulder Holster $64.95

Designed to be worn concealed with a horizontal draw. Fits most standard autos and has a Talon-Flex insert to stiffen the body of the holster for quick efficient drawing and reholstering. Kit comes complete with double mag pouch, shoulder harness, holster and belt securing attachments. Thumb break is fully adjustable for custom fit to multiple weapons.

Both these holsters are available at the link below, you may even qualify for a 20% discount. The site has all the details.

Dan