The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 22, 2013, 05:17 PM   #76
twice barrel

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...h-All+Products
Old February 23, 2013, 09:27 AM   #77
Daggitt

I have the Cabela's model that Twice posted a photo of. It has served me well for about 15 years with no trouble. Put it on a hard surface so it properly breathes. Don't put it on carpet , etc. You need that saucer like strainer too.
Old February 23, 2013, 09:57 AM   #78
big_bad_kitty

HF running it for $139 right now. Use a 20% coupon and it gets to $111 and change. Leave the internal vanes out of the drum and dump media in. Mine holds up to 3K rounds at a time! Been running it for four years now and I should have bought one in the 70's when I started! With brass you will never overload it, once every couple of weeks keeps my brass looking good and this is the best deal I have ever done in reloading. Check it out and you will never look back!
Old February 23, 2013, 11:16 AM   #79
02bigdogs17

Don't buy a SmartReloader brand tumbler I have had 2 brand new ones and both of them are junk. The best tumbler I have had is a Hornady M-2. Been running it for years and no problems.
Old February 23, 2013, 01:37 PM   #80
FLChinook

Quote:
HF running it for $139 right now.
Can you use this to mix concrete on days when it's not being used to clean brass?
Old February 24, 2013, 03:12 AM   #81
Sevens

Quote:
Don't buy a SmartReloader brand tumbler I have had 2 brand new ones and both of them are junk.
There is not a single damn thing on the market by this company that is worth even ten cents from anyone's pocket. Cheap, chinese crap, and a lot of it is outright stolen intellectual property - very poorly copied with inferior materials and workmanship that is easily exceeded by blind chimps.

They need to dry up and blow away. Smart Reloader is a big yellow virus. Their bright urine color suits their crap product line.

-ANY- purchase of -ANY- crap with this brand on it hurts our hobby.
Old February 24, 2013, 04:25 AM   #82
cdbeagle

I went ahead and purchased the Thumler's Model B High Speed.
Old February 25, 2013, 08:59 PM   #83
brokenanew

By a used ac motor off ebay. Get the pulleys to step down speed. You can find equations online to know what sizes you need. You can also get a custom size v-belt for like 7$ on ebay as well.. Get 4 bearings and 2 industrial shafts. Get big pvc piping and seal one end and screw cap for the other. Build your own wet tumbler.

Then buy the 40$ 5lb bag of stainless steel rods.

Mine cost about 125$ to put together. Looks ghetto but works like a champ

You'll never have to buy tumbling media again and it gets the brass and the primer pocket way cleaner than anything else Ive used and in shorter time. There are some Youtube videos out there that might help.