The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 22, 2016, 04:02 PM   #1
Prof Young

Second range report on Bersa . . .

Shot 60 more rounds thru Bersa Tunuder 380 cc. They were hand loads, 100 gr jrn on top of 2.9 gr of titegroup. I had one FTE. The slide is still "stiff" and the decocker/safety is still very stiff. Just bought a second Bersa made mag for it and that ran okay, save that it may have been the FTE cause. After I laid them (the new and old mag) on the range bench I lost track of which was new and which wasn't. Ah well. When I have the slide locked open and insert a loaded mag, the slide closes. I'm assuming it is supposed to do that but I don't recall that from the owner's manual. Hmmmm . . . . Still like the gun very much. Not ready to carry it yet.

Live well, be safe
Prof Young
Old July 22, 2016, 05:00 PM   #2
franco45

The 380 CC model is a nice little gun. Yes the slide does go forward when loading a mag, or at least mine did.
Old July 22, 2016, 06:57 PM   #3
Soclosenotnear

Without physically releasing the slide? My neighbor carries a 380cc. I'll ask him.
Old July 22, 2016, 09:06 PM   #4
michael t

If you pop mag in with a little force They will chamber a round .

You safety is stiff remove and l polish a little . Might even be a little burr

If not sure on how to do go join http://bersachat.com

Be all kind of help from happy owners to help you out.
Old July 23, 2016, 12:20 AM   #5
Model12Win

Watch out for the pot metal slide stop. They are known to fail, and it happened to me with just over a box of ammo through the gun. It locked up so bad I had to send it in for warranty work.

The Bersa pistols have their following, but they are not made with the best materials. Keep that in mind if you decide to carry one.
Old July 24, 2016, 05:24 PM   #6
Fullclip610

+1 about the slide stop. You can't trust that thing to hold the slide open, Even without inserting a magazine. Besides that, the gun works great. I do question their metallurgy though.
Old July 24, 2016, 11:41 PM   #7
Prof Young

Thanks for all the good info and . . .

Thanks for all the good info. Yes, I've noticed that the slide lock is a touch sensitive. Safety is getting less stiff as I work it more. Bersa seems like a really good gun for the price. I guess the old saying remains true. You get what you pay for. But it has all the features I want in a carry gun. Will do some more break in, join the bersa chat site, and go from there.

Live well, be safe
Prof Young