The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 8, 2006, 10:44 AM   #1
KYGlock

Alternative Tac Light to Insight M3

I wanted to let everyone know about a different option to the Insight M3.
The light is the Ledwave Z5 by Camillus. It has the same paddle switch and basic dimensions as the M3, but is aluminum instead of plastic and costs roughly 1/2. I paid $50 for mine, most M3s are >$100.

A side by side comparison in a dark room revealed little difference in brightness, and no dim spots. I put 150 rounds through my G35 with light attached a couple of weeks ago and the light still works great.

From what I hear, they are a little hard to get / keep in stock right now, but sites like cheaperthandirt.com seem to have them all day long.

I plan on testing it attached to a Mossberg 500 and will post once that happens.
Old September 9, 2006, 10:04 PM   #2
TexasCop

The camillus is a very good light, I have one in addition to my M3, the ONLY problem I have found with the camillus is that the external dimensions are just SLIGHTLY bigger than the M3 and it won't go into the Safarland thigh holster that I own. SO the Camillus is on my bedside gun, while the M3 is on my SWAT gun.
Old September 11, 2006, 07:54 AM   #3
KYGlock

I noticed over the weekend that Camillus is beginning to place ads in some of the gun magazines for this light.