The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old February 8, 2013, 05:37 PM   #1
deadduck357

S&W 351 C review

I got to review a S&W 351 C chambered in the .22 Mag. It's an appealing package with its compactness and light weight. With the current defensive .22 WMR ammo available it offers a concealable low recoil option. But the trigger pull had me gritting my teeth.

for the full review - S&W 351 C
Old February 8, 2013, 09:13 PM   #2
Obambulate

I have been looking for one of these for a while. This 351C and the 351PD are very hard to find. I sometimes carry two 5-shot NAA .22 mag revolvers, but would like the option of a 7-shot DAO or SA/DA .22 magnum also.
Old February 9, 2013, 01:46 AM   #3
SVO

Amen on looking for one for a while. Dealers I have talked with say they are hard to come by. I have to wonder if they are even in production at the present time.
Old February 9, 2013, 03:34 PM   #4
deadduck357

7 rounds is a nice option.
Old February 15, 2013, 04:01 PM   #5
NorthDallas7

Don't ask me how, but somehow I signed on to Bud's gun shop about a month ago and there it was....brand new, a SW 351pd. Exactly what I had been looking and waiting for.

I snagged it. Expensive Gun......I paid over $600 for it. Took it to the range on Tuesday and had a great time with it. It is rare and hard to find.

The CCI maxi mag is about as rare and hard to find too. But it worked best in it. Ruger also has a fairly new .22 revolver snub chambered in a magnum. Jeff Quinn did a review.

I love my new Smith and Wesson .22 magnum BUT, I must say......the trigger on the Ruger .22 lcr lr I have is smoother. just my opinion. But that extra round in the SW is nice too. Ruger's only has 6, the SW has 7.

If I decide to sell my new SW 351pd, I'll probably put it up here. Undecided. But I'll be honest, I'm very interested in that Ruger .22 magnum. And I only need one. hmmmmmmmm
Old February 15, 2013, 06:10 PM   #6
warningshot

Quote:
But the trigger pull had me gritting my teeth.
I heard Jimmy Hendricks played the guitar with his teeth a couple of times while on stage. But I've never heard someone grinding their teeth on a revolver trigger before.
Old February 16, 2013, 03:56 PM   #7
bikerbill

I've been in the market for a .22mag revolver for some time. The gun store I usually deal with in Austin says they can get both Smith models, but it will take 3-4 weeks, or possibly more ... now, however, Ruger is making an LCR in .22mag, and it's significantly cheaper ... while I was mulling all this, I spent the money I'd saved for the revolver on a Springer XDs ... love the new gun, have begun a new savings plan for the .22mag ... why wasn't I born rich instead of good-looking?
Old February 18, 2013, 01:39 PM   #8
Nanuk

HA, nice review. When I first saw the title my mind said 351 Cleveland......
My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.
Old March 10, 2013, 05:09 PM   #9
MRI

351C and PD

I have a several thousand rounds though my 351pd, which I mostly shoot DA, so I picked up a 351c two weeks ago which are showing up often these days at local shops. They are so light and easy to carry you forget its there.. I'm used to S&W trigger pulls and and can empty 7 rounds very fast and tight at 7 yrds. When I first aquired the 351pd I was concerned it would not hold up, but not a problem yet other than my girl seems to like it as much as I do and she always seems to have it. Glad I picked up the 351c, which is all mine!
The LCR 22 is pretty hot, love to see the 22 mag on our state compliance list....