The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 17, 2005, 01:20 AM   #1
shojin

Brenneke 12 gauge 3" Black Magic Magnum

Does anybody from Bay Area (CA) know if and where I can purchase Brenneke 12 gauge, 3" Black Magic Magnum slugs? I'm going into grizzly country in a couple of weeks and would like to stockup. Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Matt
Old July 18, 2005, 12:28 PM   #2
OneInchGroup

Where to Find Brenneke Black Magic

You can order online from the Outdoor Superstore, www.outdoorsuperstore.com , or go to www.brenneke.com and ask them for local retail outlets in CA. Might want to also look at Lightfield Commander IDS and Hastings Sabot Slugs. Both are very heavy load sabots that might do what's needed as well as the Brenneke, but I don't think any of these are particularly safe to use against bears unless you are a hell of a shot. Remember with Grizzlies, whatever doesn't kill them on the spot tends to make them pretty damned irritated, and they run really fast..........
After looking at the slugs from Lightfield and Hastings, I'm not quite sure, but it looks like those guys must be sharing sabots, or at least the pictures on the websites. Kinda starnge, the sabot expansion pictures look to be the same....