The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old August 29, 2010, 06:50 PM   #1
cornbelt

Remington mod 241

Anybody know where to find a disassembly guide for one of these?
Old August 29, 2010, 07:09 PM   #2
Scorch

The Remington 241 was a modification of the Remington Model 24, the "John Browning 22 Automatic Rifle". Unless you specifically need a Remington schematic, you might be able to use a Browning 22 Semiautomatic Rifle diagram.
Old September 1, 2010, 12:34 AM   #3
tuck2

Call Remington or go to their web site to get an owners manual. I got a owners manual from them for my Rem 241 semi auto 22 RF Mfg in 1935.
Old September 1, 2010, 05:46 PM   #4
45ACPete

Remington 241 assembly/disassembly

I can highly recommend The Gun Digest Book of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly Part III: Rimfire Rifles. I have these manuals in most of the other categories as
well, namely Centerfire Rifles, Revolvers, Semi-auto Pistols, Shotguns, etc. All of them, I think are written by J.B. Wood, and are well illustrated and easy to follow. I recently bought a 241, and while that specific model is not shown in the illustrations, the author states, and I can vouch for it, that the pictures and instructions for the Browning Standard Autoloader are more than adequate, as the guns are nearly identical. By the way, after a thorough cleaning, my gun shoots quite well, except that it won't feed the last three cartridges--I mean to replace the magazine spring, but haven't yet gotten around to it.