The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old November 21, 2008, 01:18 PM   #1
golfnutrlv

Glock 26 Carry, Business Casual

Hello all. Need a few suggestions about a carry solution for my Glock 26.

Carrying in my off hours in jeans is not an issue.

Work carry is however. I need a carry solution when I am wearing business casual (slacks/golf shirt/light jacket or pull over etc)

The only for sure system that i have found is ankle carry. I tried on a Galco ankle glove, but the holster and gun are just too wide for my pants. Anyone could tell I was carrying.

I know this could be partly the clothing, partly the weapon, but does anyone have suggestions for slimmer, lower profile ankle holsters, or a suggestion of another carry system for biz casual?

Thanks in advance!
America is at an awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.
Old November 21, 2008, 01:20 PM   #2
wslguy

I carry in a super tuck deluxe

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/beltslide.html
Old November 21, 2008, 02:15 PM   #3
JollyRoger

I too tried the Galco ankle glove when I switched from a J-frame to a Glock 26 for ankle carry (not by choice: agency mandate). With the external leather holster mounted on the neoprene band, the ankle rig was too big for most pants cuffs to fit over. I am currently using a Desantis Apache rig (knock-off of the Renegade holster) which solves the problem. This ankle rig uses essentially a big elastic band instead of a holster: the band is sewed to the neoprene band and ankle pad, and the stitching conforms it to the 26's shape for a solid hold. This style dispenses with the leather holster, eliminating some bulk that way, and the elastic bank pulls the pistol in tight. A definite improvement. It also has a thumbreak to secure the gun.

BTW, this holster has an attachment point for the optional calf-strap, just like the ankle glove. Save your money, however. The ankle glove needs the calf-strap, this one does not.
Old November 21, 2008, 02:27 PM   #4
FLA2760

I found that the Uncle Mikes ankle rig for the Glock27 works well.I use the size 12. I CCW a G27 everyday.It hides well in the Uncle Mikes rig. Here is their fit chart. As the above poster mentioned the "Apache" is a good option too. The Uncle Mikes also comes with a calf strap which I do not use.
http://www.uncle-mikes.com/fitcharts..._hlstr_fc.html

Last edited by FLA2760; November 21, 2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old November 21, 2008, 05:58 PM   #5
Deaf Smith

If a sweater, maybe a Blade-tec IWB Appendix holster. And if a jacket, a Blade-tec Gurkha.
Old November 21, 2008, 06:52 PM   #6
Stevie-Ray

Don Hume JIT slide OWB. Holds close to the body, and a golf or polo shirt covers it nicely. Works perfectly for my Kimber UCDP or HKUSPC. Nothing more comfortable, IMO.

http://www.donhume.com/index.php?mai...products_id=53
Old November 21, 2008, 09:46 PM   #7
Keltyke

Desantis Tuck This IWB.
Old November 23, 2008, 03:57 PM   #8
JN01

IWB appendix carry with any number of holsters if you can wear an untucked shirt.

With tucked in shirt, Smartcarry.
Old November 25, 2008, 02:54 PM   #9
Spenser

Depending on the type of pants, I've been using a Don Hume pocket holster for the 27. When the pants won't support that heavy a gun, I'm forced to the Galco Cop Ankle Glove. I know you mentioned that it doesn't work with your pants. Perhaps another brand might work better?

Galco is also making a tuckable appendix holster for that model, that might hide decently well in dress clothes.

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.as...=1756&GunID=50

I have been wearing my jacket in the office lately. That serves perfectly well to hide the Glock in the little cheap $10 Glock Sport Holster. It's actually quite nice.
Old November 26, 2008, 09:49 PM   #10
flip180

I use a Comp-Tac Shirt tucker for my G26. IWB and tuckable. I'm not a big fan of ankle carry. It just seems like it would be hard to get to the gun way down there on my ankle if I needed it in a hurry. I wear it year around regardless if it's summer or winter and I'm a T-shirt kinda guy with two daughters to chase around.

Flip
http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/prod...products_id=46