The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old February 12, 2011, 07:10 PM   #1
ritetobeararms

England Arms of Killeen

Anyone in the Killeen Texas area in need of gunsmithing services, needs to be advised that England Arms in Killeen is very customer unfriendly. They accept your weapon and then can't or wont give the customer a estimated time of delivery. It is owned and operated by two guys, one of whic is very customer friendly and helpful, the other who is a BS'er and with an attitude. I will say their work is among the best, but unless your willing to drop off your weapon and not be given even an estimated finish date and be without your weapon for a month or more be advised this is not the gunsmith for you. I know this first hand as I dropped off two weapons for rebluing and after a month and a week I got one back, that looks real good and the other not done. This was after being told it originally would be a couple of weeks and then promised to be done a week later and then told they did not know when it would be done. They refused to even compensate me on the price because it wasn't done and when I confronted the one partner (Mr Attitude) that I knew he was blowing smoke then I was told he would not do the weapon at all, under lying message "Take your gun and get out". Needless to say they wont have to worry about me stepping foot in their business again. So if you dont mind an attitude and a very long wait for descent service then they are the people for you.
Old June 1, 2011, 11:41 AM   #2
Kardiotae

Even less pleasant experience!

I wont go into tons of details but i had a dealing w/ "Mr. Unfriendly" too. A trade that went bad, where he tried to back out of his end of a trade and keep my property and it ended up going to small claims court. He lost and I am now still working to get the debt he owes me. I was courteous and tried to avoid court and costing him more money. Totally unprofessional! Stay clear of this place.
Old August 30, 2011, 10:13 PM   #3
gungrl

Mixed Reviews

I originally visited their store when they first opened almost a year ago. I had the same experience as other guys on this forum. My husband bought me a new Sig that was jamming and needed some maintanence. It took them 3 weeks until I got it back and they had quoted me one week. I was upset and didn't go back UNTIL now. The next nearest Gun Smithing store is quite a drive so I decided to give them another shot. They had moved a few doors over. This time I had a nice 1920's Colt my husband gifted to me and I wanted it reblued and needed the grips fixed. My hands are really small. They not only had it done faster then they quoted me (4 weeks quoted, and had it done in 2) but they also help find me a Glock 19 that I wanted! I complained about how angry I was after I saw them in the old shop and they apologised and said that the shop now has more appreciation for thier customers and that there have been some changes made. I can't remember who I spoke to a year ago but this wasn't the same guy so I am guessing new management? The store looks a little rough, but they have restored my confidence in them and they have proven themselves with the quality of work they have done for my guns. I am looking to get my husband's AR Duracoated soon and I can't wait! In my opinion, these guys have cleaned up their act, now they need to clean up their shop!

1 being bad, 10 being excellent

Cleanliness of shop: 3 (looks like they just moved in!? forgot to ask)
Friendliness of staff: 9
Wait Time: 8
Pricing: 9
Answering My Questions: 10
Not treating me like I'm a retarded female who knows nothing about guns:10

I can appreciate guys who respect me and answer my questions seriously and don't talk down to me. I went to buy a new gun from Guns Galore and they talked to me like I was in 5th grade! duh! This is the trigger? Seriously guys! My husband now comes along with me and a few of his buddies have too and we are all satisfied with the quality of work. ESPECIALLY with my 20's colt! There's a guy there that does specifically antiques and I haven't found anyone else that will work on collector's pieces that does as good a job as him. VERY Detailed. I was shocked by the work he did on the grip! Better then any other collector pieces of mine! I think I am going to bring the rest of them there and see if they can tweak what was already done. Prices are fair. Cheaper than others I have had work done for, but only by a little. $10 here, $20 there, but it adds up. I will comment again after I use them next month and I will keep up the status and see if things change. They were jerks when I went in a year ago, but this time they had a "customer is always right" attitude....we'll see!!!!