The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old June 3, 2001, 01:59 PM   #26
Jamie Young

Ok well I'll email a few people this week and try and get word. Geoff you better come out!!!!!!!!! I am going to try and pick up a few big targets for the 400-500yd shooting.
Old June 3, 2001, 05:41 PM   #27
Dead

I can try to get some targets!!! Hmmmm Wonder how much watermellons are right now??? Been trying to call my freind to see if I can crash at her place, but line is busy damn it!! I should never have fixed her internet!

Oh yeah one of my friends is coming out!! I had to let them borrow one of my toys though (AK Baby for them).

Soda what time do you think you will be out on the range by??? We will most likely be spending Saturday night there so we can make it pretty early!!!

P.S. More SAR's this time, not to mention a M1 also!

I think I better buy more ammo though, I am running low on that 5.45x39 stuff...
Old June 3, 2001, 07:35 PM   #28
Jamie Young

I am going to get there around 11am. I actually forget what time the range opens on Sundays. I think its 9am most of the time but sunday it might be later. I love this range because you can do so much there. I got my FAL back a few days ago so thats coming up with me. FAL,Mini 14, SKS, Colt 1991A1, Beretta 92FS and maybe my Model 70 again. I just did 300rds for the Mini so I'll probable do most of my shooting with that and the FAL. I'm going to email a few people right now just because I haven't heard from anyone.
Old June 4, 2001, 02:39 PM   #29
Dead

SodaPop, think they would let us shoot some watermellons on the range?? I could see if I could find some out in Quakertown on my drive in
Old June 4, 2001, 02:59 PM   #30
K80Geoff

I kinda got the impression that the range would not approve of Watermelons. They seem to like to keep the place neat and orderly. Rotting fruit would not help their image among the old fart Sporting Clays Crowd.

Better ask first, and we would have to clean up afterward.

Although watermelons would be fun

Geoff Ross
Old June 4, 2001, 06:14 PM   #31
Jamie Young

Instead of Shooting WaterMellons why not EAT watermellons!! I doubt they would let us unless nobody else was at the range.
Old June 5, 2001, 03:12 AM   #32
10CFR

Looks like I'm [probably] working all weekend again.
-10CFR
Old June 5, 2001, 09:15 PM   #33
Marcus

Hope the weather holds. Anyone planning on goin even if it rains? Is there a place to shoot "combat" shotgun? Marcus
Old June 5, 2001, 09:37 PM   #34
Jamie Young

What do you mean Combat shotgun? There is a shotgun range and a pistol range you could shoot shotguns at. I think its safe to say Geoff,Dead and I will show up even if WWIII breaks out. I told everyone in the last thread the Rifle range is covered pretty well and you won't get wet. Well Guess what WE DIDN'T GET WET!! I think the weather is looking good as far as what the Weather man is saying. I'll be there with my FAL rain or shine. Even my Uncle backed out of going last time. SHEEEEESH
Old June 5, 2001, 09:55 PM   #35
Marcus

I meant non skeet shotgun,ya know buckshot and such. Some places frown at buckshot on pistol ranges. Well, cool that`s one more toy to bring. I just wish I had more ammo and or more money for ammo. Well I`ll be there with my a few pistols,a carbine and a shotgun at least. Marcus
Old June 5, 2001, 10:17 PM   #36
Jamie Young

By the way Geoff Check out this thread to boost your Moral. Were going to have to keep sticking to this stuff until more people come. I have 17 people from PA that said they were either coming or were interested in coming two weeks ago so don't get down on this. One of these days were going to have a Million People show up. out.
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...threadid=57757
Old June 6, 2001, 01:24 AM   #37
Dead

I'll be there with one of my friend's, we are heading out there Friday Night/Saturday afternoon.. Staying at my freind's again.... She is making PIE for me, Damn can she cook!

Ok I need to get up sooooooonnnn 5:30am ugh I am Dead.

OH YEAH SodaPop, you think they would allow us to shot at Milk Jugs full of water??? Good "kaboom" effect and VERY easy to clean up... Wonder if we could see a hit on one of those @ 500 with 30-06 HPs???

I know a 10ga Slug @ 20yards or so does it in.

[Edited by Dead on 06-06-2001 at 12:13 PM]
Old June 6, 2001, 05:17 PM   #38
Jamie Young

Bring the water jugs and if nobody else is there we can ask inside if its ok. I'm going to see if I can bring balloons.
Old June 7, 2001, 06:16 PM   #39
crffl

Sounds like fun, and I always wanted to try something longer than 200 yards. Problem is my eyesight sucks anymore, I'd be lucky if I could the target that far !

Ballons are the way to go ! Can't see that being a problem for them since they are easy enough to clean up afterwards.

I thought I had been to that range before, but it doesn't look like I remembered ? The handgun area is covered ? Did they do some renovation there lately ?

Old June 7, 2001, 09:23 PM   #40
K80Geoff

Shotguns and Pistols

OK !

The pistol range is not covered. It also had a sign that shotguns were NOT allowed on the pistol range. Just thought I would warn you folks.

The shotgun range next to the pistol range is a 5 stand, clay target range.

If you guys want to shoot buck maybe we can set up something on the rifle range, that would make more sense.

Geoff Ross

Old June 8, 2001, 08:56 AM   #41
Dead

Lets get a Head Count for this...

My Friend, Me, SodaPop, K80Geoff, crffl, Marcus,
????????.
Old June 8, 2001, 04:21 PM   #42
Jamie Young

I have two from FNFAL.com that said they ARE COMING. Don't forget Dinosaur.
Old June 8, 2001, 04:52 PM   #43
dinosaur

Hmm, just trying to figure out logistics.

How far is it from where you park to the line? I have a problem walking so I`ll be bringing my handtruck.

I`m also going to bring my AR. I think I`ll try the 400 yarder. Do you guys have enough targets for that? I have life size "thug" targets if anyone wants to combat shoot.

How will we know each other? Is there a spot to look for you?
Old June 8, 2001, 05:07 PM   #44
Dead

dinosaur, not very far if you can get a good spot! I would say ummm 50 feet max???

Oh umm how would we know who is from TFL or what?? Just walk up and start asking away... That is what I did when I went up there 2 weeks ago....

So that makes about 10 or so.. Nice!
Old June 8, 2001, 10:19 PM   #45
Jamie Young

Yeah Dead walked up and said ARE YOU SODAPOP
Dinosaur you can drive right up to the pistol range. If you are there early you can park 10 feet behind the table. We can all pile into my van to drive down range from 100-500yds. If you bring some thug targets Dead and I will help cart the Guns and Ammo for you. I'll probable be the guy with a Soda in one hand and an FAL in the other LOOK FOR ME !
Oh and count one more from FNFAL.com
The weather looks great for sunday GEOFF DID YOU BACK OUT OR SOMETHING ??? Just kidding!! This should be fun if a bunch of FAL people show up. To this day I have never seen anyone at a rifle range with an FAL. The one and only time I took my FAL to this range everyone asked me what it was.
Old June 9, 2001, 05:13 AM   #46
dinosaur

Targets I got.

I`ll probably be there 11-11:30. Looks like a nice day.
Old June 9, 2001, 06:26 AM   #47
Dead

Have another TFL member that said they are going to be there

I am packing my digital camera as I speak (or is that type), and my friend should be bringing theirs also. So we can take LOTS of pictures this time, not just two like last time

dinosaur, yeah there will be plenty of help to carry things there if you need it. (As long as you dont bring an eighteen wheeler FULL of stuff )
Old June 9, 2001, 11:24 AM   #48
Dead

Ok This is tomorrow, anyone BUY a SAR2 since the last meet???
Old June 9, 2001, 03:31 PM   #49
Jamie Young

Nah we're all planning on shooting yours all day.